CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: "the man said"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

That is what the man said, she was doin this before she had pups, got her on trade and he is suppose to, and I am sure the list could go on for ever. Why don't these people just take the dog and hunt it instead of taking someone else's word for it, or not knowing what they are selling? I have my oppionion of why they don't, but just wanted to see what you all thought. I hope you young hunters don't fall for this old trick.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: "the man said"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've said the same thing over and over even had a guy try and blast a nother guy for selling him a 6 or 7 year old dog, "the man said" that it was not a finished dog but more of a turn in dog for $300.00, I told the guy that bought him after he complained that the dog was not doing any more than "the man said" I told him that don't you think that $300.00 for a 6 year old dog is a clue as to what your getting and who would take any dog without a trial or go and hunt with the dog before paying a dime.

Post subject: Re: "the man said"
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

First off I didn't sell this female and it doesn't really go with what you're talking about, but I had a female out of flatrock coma that at 18 months old was as tough as they came. She was a split tree artist with the meat and never ran any off game. So I decided to breed this female when she was close to three years old and raised a heck of litter of pups. The only sad thing was, when I started hunting her again, she never treed again and acted stupid. I took her to the vet, let her go through two heat cycles and she never improved. Finally I decided she was taken up room. If I had sold her after the pups, someone would call me a liar and probably whipped my butt for it. You never know about these dogs.