CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Winter classic 1\24\14
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:28 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have never been in or to a comp hunt and I spectated at the winter classic and I tell u what that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen we dropped in one spot made 2 den trees in about 10 min they called time out and wanted to go roan other spot so we loaded back up moved to another spot it was roughly 30min to the next spot made 1 drop there had split trees packed up and moved to another spot dropped called time out and they ask if there was another spot to go to the guy said that was all he had so they went back to the first place we did more driven than Huntin and I no that 30 dollars my buddy got to guide was way less than the gas he spent driven to diff spots is this really how that comp stuff goes

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:16 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Dodgeman1988 wrote:
I have never been in or to a comp hunt and I spectated at the winter classic and I tell u what that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen we dropped in one spot made 2 den trees in about 10 min they called time out and wanted to go roan other spot so we loaded back up moved to another spot it was roughly 30min to the next spot made 1 drop there had split trees packed up and moved to another spot dropped called time out and they ask if there was another spot to go to the guy said that was all he had so they went back to the first place we did more driven than Huntin and I no that 30 dollars my buddy got to guide was way less than the gas he spent driven to diff spots is this really how that comp stuff goes

no its not,,lol,, I have guide and judged cast's for years,, had plenty off luck and tree's lots of plus points to boot,,lol,,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

That just didn't make no since cause they kept askin about feeders that ain't no coondog to me the dogs I hunt with dogs that don't need no feeders I mean ok u want to mAke as many trees as possible but I don't think that makes ur dog a coon dog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:28 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Sad but true buddy, most of them guys just wanna slam feeder after feeder, the more "easy" trees you make, the more points you can score. That's why I don't believe more than half of these nite champs and grand nite champs couldn't actually hunt themselves a coon if their life depended on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

After seein that I believe that to but I will say my buddy's dog is a jam up coondog and he puts em up fast and he is about 90% actuate and he gets a lot of coons in his mouth ALOT and them folks said they may give their dog 12 a year

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:14 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

You don't have to give your dogs a lot of coon to make them a coon dog, my dogs don't get that many a year but I still expect them to do the job night in and night out. Not huntin off feeders or riggin off the road like a lot of hunters do. Now I'm not sayin I don't hunt like that at times, but my dogs for the most part are turned loose and expected to go find a track themselves. That's what makes a better dog.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:34 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well we get paid to kill coons we have contracts with farmers,turkey hunters, chicken houses and stuff like that

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:35 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

That's a different issue, I'm just talkin some hunters think they have to kill every coon they tree to keep their dog interested.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:36 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I no when we aren't contracted we kill one a night

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 pm 
IP:
Dodgeman1988 wrote:
I no when we aren't contracted we kill one a night

So your buddy was getting paid to guide?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well I say my buddy I don't really know the guy he's from there and yeah he got paid I think 30 for but that boys burned up a while lot more gas than that

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:09 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The guy I was with was the only one that didn't want to move he liked the first spot we were at and it was a big big area from what the guide was sayin but I tell u what the guided didn't say nothing to the other guys but we rode with him since my son was usein my truck and box for the cast he was in but he did say that was his first time doin a comp and that his truck was burnin up some fuel. But my sons cast hunted the same spot the whole time and everybody did great but my son don't like his ok man there with him since it's my dog we wants to show he can handle him his self