CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: You have to fill it
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:50 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I don't know about the rest of the country. But tonight we go under 32 degrees. That means the leaves will be falling and the coon hides will get prime. The heart starts pounding and the hounds are sounding off. It is a great time of year, where you have that pull to the sound of your hounds. The calling that says IT's hound hunting season. You long for it and you can't wait for the next run or long bawl or it maybe the chop at a tree. All we Know is it is a calling that few will ever understand, but it is in our hearts and soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something that my Dad gave to me long ago in Oregon and I hope to pass to my children :D :D :D and they pass to their children. That respect of the hound and the game we pursue.

You all have a great year and hear the call

MSG Farley James L. Ret.

God bless

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Last edited by MSG Farley Ret. on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: You have to fill it
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i hope you have a great season. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Don't worry I will :D :D :D It's a calling :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

22 short days until kill season here in ohio, I can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i hope these two nights of hard freezin knocks them leafs off the trees already.....i was lucky enough to tree in a dead tree the other night so i could at least see the darn thing...but the corn fields are gettin picked everyday and i feel your excitment for the season...sarge when do u start harvestin your furs??? I was told by my trader not till after thanksgiving but i was thinkin maybe i could get away with a week sooner than that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:59 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

time for sarge to quit feeling like an old man and get off the couch!!! :D

just been a smarta$$ LOL.

get that garmin updated? sent you a pm over a month ago.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

mnb&t wrote:
time for sarge to quit feeling like an old man and get off the couch!!! :D

just been a smarta$$ LOL.

get that garmin updated? sent you a pm over a month ago.

Matt thanks for trying to help, But I could never find your post and I put that piece of junk on the shelf. I can hear my hounds farther than that. I would love to update it because when it worked it was great. It just isn't worth putting it on a hound anymore. If you would help I would use it again.

Sarge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:23 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

MuddyCrickOutfitters wrote:
i hope these two nights of hard freezin knocks them leafs off the trees already.....i was lucky enough to tree in a dead tree the other night so i could at least see the darn thing...but the corn fields are gettin picked everyday and i feel your excitment for the season...sarge when do u start harvestin your furs??? I was told by my trader not till after thanksgiving but i was thinkin maybe i could get away with a week sooner than that

I have nocked out a few already, But it was because my hounds were rusty, I would hold off awhile. The hides will not get prime until we get a deep freeze, that won't happen until in the middle of November. you will be able to tell when it is the time, about one week after the ponds freeze over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey sarge!Just got in from the woods.Had an awesome night.Was bout 40 degrees with rain and wind gusts up to 30mph.Them coons sure didnt mind.We treed so many my neck is hurtin.I sure do love this time of year.The rain has knocked most of the leaves of findin the coon is alot easier.I know what u mean about the calling.I call it the coon huntin itch.I sure scratched it tonight.Couple days and ill be raring to go again.5:30 will came early so got to get to bed.Talk to you later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

MuddyCrickOutfitters something else you need to know. Do not sell your furs locally. Here in this state when the hides are prime we have some good furs. I am teaching my son how to get a fur ready for market. send your furs north avoid the middle man. just food for thought. why should you let someone else get the money on furs that you took the time to get, Food for thought.

Sarge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:58 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Countryboy23 wrote:
Hey sarge!Just got in from the woods.Had an awesome night.Was bout 40 degrees with rain and wind gusts up to 30mph.Them coons sure didnt mind.We treed so many my neck is hurtin.I sure do love this time of year.The rain has knocked most of the leaves of findin the coon is alot easier.I know what u mean about the calling.I call it the coon huntin itch.I sure scratched it tonight.Couple days and ill be raring to go again.5:30 will came early so got to get to bed.Talk to you later.

Well Done, you ether have it or you don't. it pulls at you every time the sun goes down. Sounds like you had a great night :D :D :D Well Done

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sarge- I know i get taken advantage of every year by the trader, but im not sure i have the time to take care of all the furs. I am particular on what i shoot out of the trees and my trader likes that and usually will give me good prices but i know i could always make more. If anything my coyotes is what i should be saving because i shoot nice yotes out west and come home and sell them for barely 20 bucks...but anyways the dog has been itchin to run again so i suppose ill let her bark at them till end of November....just feel bad sometimes gettin her all excited then tellin her wait for another day

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

After suffering through a dry insane hot TEXAS summer this time of year is magical to us...love it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:03 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Keep it up

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:22 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

MuddyCrickOutfitters wrote:
Sarge- I know i get taken advantage of every year by the trader, but im not sure i have the time to take care of all the furs. I am particular on what i shoot out of the trees and my trader likes that and usually will give me good prices but i know i could always make more. If anything my coyotes is what i should be saving because i shoot nice yotes out west and come home and sell them for barely 20 bucks...but anyways the dog has been itchin to run again so i suppose ill let her bark at them till end of November....just feel bad sometimes gettin her all excited then tellin her wait for another day

I hear you, but a trained hound will always look at you, like were is my prize. But it won't hurt that hound one bit, They will do it day in and day out, getting a fur ready to ship out isn't hard. heck they have vidios on line on how to do it. Have a great year.

Sarge