It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

edf61 wrote:
We use the tire on a rim, Drill about six holes in the side of a tire, I use the size of a door knob bit, its like 1 3/4 inch. Fill it up with corn and then fill with water. If you go fishing to start coons coming in just put your fish waste inside of rim.

This works good. If you got bears in the area just drop the tire on the rim over a tree cut off head high that fits through the axle hole in the rim. The bears can't do anything but chew on the tire. Corn and water works excellent or really any food you can fit in the holes in the tire. Grapes, food scraps, etc.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Coon Feeder
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

screw a peanut butter lid to a tree about teen feet up a tree get a plastic jar of pb and cut hole in jar and screw that to tree...coons love pb...

Briar busting beagles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The bucket idea works great except you have to fill it to often go to a truck ahop or oil change place abd get the barrels that are half this size of a 55 fall on drum burn the excise oil out of it get a 6 inch piece of pvc like 1-1/2 inches diamater cut hole in barrel bout 2 inches up just make sure its pointed up leave the pvc sticking out of barrel about 2-3 inches then seal it with sprày foam then fill with corn and dog or cat food also 50-50 mix whatever is cheap u can set barrel on ground just dig a small dish real small were just a little food starts to role out coons will stick there hands rt in there and pull it when the want it actually cut leng5h of pvc about 3 inches so. There paws will reach and tie it to a tree so it cant tip over same as buxket method but you will only have to fill it once every month or two unlije a buckett which ive seen emptyed in a night or two works the best for me ans grape coolaid works awesome so does vanaila extract and anis oil few drops of that on a cottonball haging above feeder they will find it fast and wont go far either great pup trainer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:29 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

This is one of mine...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

You can also pour whole corn into a pot hole in the creek, or ditch. It works the same as in a bucket, covered with water. I also use a 5 gal bucket feeder I made, and put cheap cat food in. I set my bucket on a cement block, and drive a steel post on both sides to wire it down. If you put in a tree, after a while, it will have so much coon scent on it your dogs will want to tree on it night or day. Another thing I've noticed is, if you mix several things in your bucket , corn, dog food , sweet feed, or whatever, the coons will rake out, and waste alot, trying to get whichever they prefer.