CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: pkc or ukc hunts?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:14 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

To me I like the UKC hunts, No OFF game allowed, No mean hounds allowed. it isn't about a money deal at the end of the hunt. I don't want to pay $25, I just want to hunt with other hound people. May the best hound win I am not much of a comp hunter that only concentrates on one game animal, but I do love dropping out with other hound people

make it simple...i think........there is not a kennel club out there that wants a mean hound on a cast...its up to the judge to scratch a mean dog then if he wont there are other ways of doing it...like with a cast vote...it all comes down to judges and cast members having enuff backbone to stand up and say what is right

the same goes for off-game none of them will reward a dog for treeing a opossum or running a deer.....there is only one real diff. in how they are treated..in a ukc night champion cast, grand night champion cast, or any world championship cast(including rqe's and zone hunts) a dog can be scratched......other than that they get the minus pen put on them

most hunts you will attend you will see the same guys you seen last week at a ukc or two weeks before at a akc hunt....next week you all might draw out at a acha hunt........

ohh and by the way.... i like acha...then pkc...then ukc....then akc
1. acha....its just plain ole fun...no pressure to grand a dog or win a cash pot

2. pkc....the dogs are normally better and the handlers normally know the rules better

3. ukc....just because its ukc....and its the biggest game in town

4. akc....dang i cant find a acha pkc or ukc hunt anywhere

MEL MALONE
TO HECK WITH SAVING SOME FOR SEED...THATS MOTHER NATURES JOB

Last edited by mel m on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:33 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

mel m I hate to say it but you lost me here. I can't follow what you are saying at all??????????????? The rules in UKC are point blank as long as the people in the hunt abided by them. But like I said I have no clue what you were saying?????? I am not jerking your chain I just can't follow what you are saying??????? I am not a comp hunter, I like going to the hunts because I get to met other hound people.

Sorry

Sarge

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:56 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

dang you was right sarge...i was off on a ramble.......i even thought dang you was drunk or something.....and i dont even drink

i edited it and maybe it makes sence now

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

ukc hunts are the best by far because you win by looking at coon. i throught thats what it is all about dogs treeing coons not about what dog has the least amont of minus and rewarding dogs with slick trees. i like acha no.2 its a nice laid back organzation where you do not have a bunch big shots show up to cheat with a bunch of me to dogs that are mean.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:44 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Mr. Sosack & Mr. Walker,
Thank you for the kind words about ACHA. We are very proud of our reputation as being "laid back" and more about what we can do for the coon hunter and his club than what we can make off them.
But the plain truth is EVERY registry has their good and bad points. It is also true that "a leopard doesn't change his spots!". A poor sport or less than honorable person is the same EVERY night he hunts, regardless the kind of hunt he is in.
ACHA has seen some growth the last three years in the number of clubs hosting ACHA Hunts and we are confident we will have our largest World Hunt in the last 15 years this coming March 24 - 27 at Glasgow Kentucky.
Check us out on our website www.acha-wcchr.com and you can link us through this very website if you go back to the home page.
We will be having 50 hunts across the country in March. Stop by and see why people are starting to return to "ACHA .... where it all started!"
Coon clubs pay a once a year $25.00 membership fee and they can have two hunts a month. All they pay after the membership fee is $2.50 per dog that hunts or shows. No more license fee! Plus you get the dates you want.
Harry Harris
ACHA Board Member
618 972-1602

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:42 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thanks mel m I just couldn't follow what you were trying to say. I have never had the opurtunity to participate in a ACHA event but it sounds like thats were I sould be. I just like meeting other hound people and running hounds.

I was told point blank not to run in PKC because they don't scatch mean hounds, money game and off game dosn't matter from a friend that I have ran with for years. Maybe he just had a realy bad experiances but he had been doing it for a couple of years as far as I am aware. so that is all second hand information.

Akc events around here are about money, anytime you put money into a hunt it takes the fun out of it to me. I like to learn about the houndmen around me that are presurving our heritage :D :D :D

Harry Harris are there any ACHA events in Nebraska or Kansas??? if so when and where??? I would like to check it out. you said something about March being a good month to find one. I have to finish Buttons out to Grand on the third or the 13th in UKC but If it's a conflicked I may have to wait on that. Sounds like something I can just let my sons run their hounds in :D :D :D :D

Thanks Sarge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:58 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

MSG Farley Ret.
Sorry to say the closest ACHA Hunt to you will be in Xenia, Ks. But you can certainly start one in Nebraska. We don't require any special MOH license so any club can come up with someone capable of handling the MOH assignment.
You might get alot of support in your area for the ACHA State Race which will be published in the Cooner starting in April and on our website.
We have expanded to Higginsville, Humphreys and Wheeling Missouri. Hennessey Oklahoma and Xenia, Kansas but that is about it out west except one club in Texas.
If you get the American Cooner magazine we are running ads in there telling clubs what they need to do to participate. So easy " a caveman can do it!"
Harry Harris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:38 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

harry harris wrote:
MSG Farley Ret.
Sorry to say the closest ACHA Hunt to you will be in Xenia, Ks. But you can certainly start one in Nebraska. We don't require any special MOH license so any club can come up with someone capable of handling the MOH assignment.
You might get alot of support in your area for the ACHA State Race which will be published in the Cooner starting in April and on our website.
We have expanded to Higginsville, Humphreys and Wheeling Missouri. Hennessey Oklahoma and Xenia, Kansas but that is about it out west except one club in Texas.
If you get the American Cooner magazine we are running ads in there telling clubs what they need to do to participate. So easy " a caveman can do it!"
Harry Harris

Thanks I will look into it, talk it over with some houndmen over this way. See what they think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

im just gonna keep it short PKC hunts is what i preffer but i love ukc to!!!!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Pkc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

it dont really matter to me which registry i hunt i use the same approach to all of them strike my dog and tree my dog and hope for the best lol but i like acha a lot more than the rest of them

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Like some of the others have stated up above. There are crooks in both. But also there is alot of good ol boys in both. Its just how you go about it. Just because there is one guy that doesn't play by the rules or one click that don't play by the rules don't mean that you can't still go and enjoy the hunts. My uncle is at me all the time that the hunts are all rigged and the same people will always win. And i'm not gonna say there is not those kinda clubs out there. But for the most part every competition hunt i have been to i have had a pleasure to meet fine people. I moved away from good hunting and good hunting buddies due to work and where i'm at now there's not many coon hunters. So i try to make all the hunts i can to get to hunt with others. And its good for you and your dog to hunt with different competition. Like a baseball team how would they ever know how good they were if they never played another team? Myself i like ukc because of the bench show and day events and there seems to be more people at the ukc events. But pkc has done me no wrong either. Most times you'll see alot of the same guys hunt pkc and ukc. Sorry for carring on so much. And good luck.

NITECH "PR" Hard Luck Noctornal Kandi Kane 1 win toward grandnitch( 45 field trial points (1st line 1st tree). 60 bench points Best of show. 35 water race points (1st line 1st tree. 2 acha night hunt win. $won PKC 1st ukc with 800plus 1st ukc with 250plus) ( BLACK AND TAN REUINION 2ND PLACE REGISTERED UKC 2nd with 125+ )
'PR'Hard Luck Shimmering Diamond(65 bench points)
Poud Handler of:
Nitech Ch Pr Gardner's Buckshot Sal(W/1 win toward grandch)(15 field trail points.) .(5 water race points)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:55 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Never understand the rumors about pkc having mean dogs.. and dogs taht dont have to tree a coon to win the hunt.

I hunt both ukc and pkc.. and like both. I prefer PKC because when a feller goes to a pkc hunt, he dont bring just some dog he wants to make nitech or put a 1st on it and sell it, he brings a COONDOG cause he wants to win some money.

I've had an equal amount of problems with mean dogs in both registries, so the theory that pkc dogs are alligators dont hold water with me.

I would love to see all the people that say donts dont have to tree coons to win in pkc, take your dog that cant tree coons, and see how many hunts you have to enter before you win.

Like i said, I like both registries, always have alot of fun in both. But I think I prefer PKC because of the quality of hound you will generally be up against.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I like ACHA hunts. I think ACHA takes the best parts of both PKC and UKC and combines them. In ACHA you only compete against the members of your cast. I like the fact that I dont have to compete against others that may draw a better quide. I cant prepare for that factor and I think that the "luck of the draw" as far as guides goes, has nothing to do with who has the best coon dog. I also like having to score plus points to win the cast. If dogs can win a cast on the least amount of minus points, it doesnt mean that they are the best dog, it means that they are the least crappy dog. In my opinion ACHA has the best case scenario for finding out who has the best coon dog and to me that is what is all about.

Check out ACHA's new and improved website www.huntacha.com

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Autumn Clements wrote:
PKC... your dog is never finished.

As times go on our PKC hunts up here have got quite small, drawing the same 2 or 3 dogs every hunt grows old quick. I would now say I perfer to hunt UKC b/c there is a little bit more variety in the dogs you draw and entery fee is $10 cheaper :P.

Deep down thou a nite hunt is a nite hunt, I could hunt either one or the other and have a great time with a good cast.

Autumn Clements

C&B KENNEL

Home of:
GRNITECH GRCH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER
GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SON'S JACK B QUICK(handler)
GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
NITECH GRCH'PR'MOUNTAIN RIDGE ABBEY(handler)
'PR'BUELL'S BLUE ROCKY
'PR'MOUNTAIN RIDGE EMMA(handler)
'PR'PRANCER'S MTN RIDGE SUZIE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next