CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Another good dog shot

I hope i would never experience this in my life after reading all the stories on here by other owners. My 8 month old walker pup got loose at feeding time and was only loose about 5 minutes. As i was walking the way he went towards the woods i heard 4 shots. About 2 minutes later my pup came running towards me with blood all over him. He was shot in the front leg with a .22---we got him wrapped up and headed towards the vet and after two hours of surgery to get a broken blood vessel tied up and bleeding stop--he is now resting and hopefully be OK. What happen to the days when people cared about other people property and dogs?

Thanks for reading
Keith

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

very sorry this happen to your pup people who do that to someones hunting dogs or pets need a boot in thier A$$ hope your pup will be ok and the oerson gets what they have comeing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'd have to find whoever shot that dog and kick his a$$ or shoot him one. some people are idiots. Sorry to hear about that, hope he turns out to be a great hound.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:40 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad to hear the pup survived............hopefully you can find out who did it.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

im glad whoever done this is a bad shot and i hope you find out
who did this.

If your not armed your a victim.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:32 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR HOUND TAKS LOW DOWN SCUM TO DOO THAT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 am 
IP:
i tell you wat some one did that too my pup id find out who done and beat them with in an inch there life and ask them how it feels.jmo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:00 am 
IP:
Did the dog leave your property? I've shot 2 dogs where I live now and don't feel bad about it. One was a hound. And to the idiots who threaten to hurt or shoot someone for shooting a dog. You need to grow up. A dogs life isn't in anyway more valuable than a mans. I don't care if it is the best dog in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

coonscry wrote:
Did the dog leave your property? I've shot 2 dogs where I live now and don't feel bad about it. One was a hound. And to the idiots who threaten to hurt or shoot someone for shooting a dog. You need to grow up. A dogs life isn't in anyway more valuable than a mans. I don't care if it is the best dog in the world.

A dog leaving your property is still no reason to shoot it in my opinion. Unless the dog was being vicious towards other people or pets there is no reason to shoot a dog that got loose and ended up on your land.

I agree that I mans life is more valuble than a dogs. But if someone shot my dog for no good reason other than it got loose.... I would have to do something about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have never known a dog that could read so he didnt know he was in the wrong. Yes is takes a low down a.. to shoot dogs that why we have collars with name and number on them so people know whos dogs they are sorry bout your dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

coonscry wrote:

I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE WHERE YOU LIVE OR WHAT THE DOGS WERE DOING BUT IF YOU DIDNT HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR DOING IT I WOULDNT BE BRAGGING ABOUT IT.
I WILL SAY IT AGIN ANYONE THAT WOULD SHOOT SOMEONES DOG FOR BEEING ON HIS LAND IS THE LOWEST SCUM ON EARTH.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks every one for your concern---wyatt is ok and resting

For the a**hole above who like to shoot dogs. The dog was on private property which i am allowed to hunt on. The dog was only loose for about 5 min and was not getting into live stock or any other trouble. The person who shot him did not have permission to be on this land and the owner is going to press charges.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

GLAD TO HEAR YOUR DOG IS GOING TO BE OK AND CHARGES ARE GOING TO BEPRESSED I WOULD GET MY VET BILLS AND TIME SPENT TAKING CARE OF HIM PAID. LET US KNOW THE OUT COME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

coonscry wrote:

When Karma bites you in the ##*%*, hope you don't post about it on the forums about dog being shot. (please take time to read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=70635 -- I know your proud to be bragging about killing dogs that came on your property and all, but that BS is not really needed on here when ANTI groups monitor this site)

I've had many dogs wander onto my property...........last thing on mind was shooting them, except once when there was a pit bull trying to get into my fenced backyard -- called authorities and told them if he succeeds then I will have to....they were out rather quickly to haul away.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

To the dog killer.I would like to know what he would do if his best was shot.What you did and thought that you had to brag about it makes you so much less that a man,I have some many words to call him but being so sorry you prob. wouldnt care.You shouldnt be able to own dogs