CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:40 pm 
IP:
I got a good one here. I worked for a farmer that would let me coon hunt his land after gun deer season. Well one night my dogs made a long chase and ended up in his woods treeing away on the very tree his bow stand was on. The next morning I ended up helping him drag a doe that he shot out of that very stand. I smiled at him and said" Hay there were two guys and three hounds standing right here about 6 hours ago"

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:51 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i have watched a coyote hound jump eight deer, that then went and stood out in the middle of the field, looked at 4 trucks lined up on the road and went right back into the little woods they had just come out of

age 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

There are so many people that only deer hunt one time a year and are never in the woods the rest of the year. they show up with camo, face paint, charcoal in their cloths, they shower with special soap, have little bottles of powder to see which way the wind is blowing, the list goes on. I don't see how they can get around carrying all that crap. It's pretty funny. You will never educate these people. They usually have more money than brains and have no business being in the woods. I'm having trouble finding spots around here, but I am close to a big city. Might be a good idea to copy some articles that show our case and give them to the land owns around where you live.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:09 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

the same post almost word for word was on here not more than two months ago.....use the search option at the top of the screen :) :)

Cane Creek Kennels
Home of
Little River Stylish Jazmen
YU-GI-OH's Country Road Block

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Well I have a story about this.We was runnin dogs one night and treed a coon about a mile in.The tree they where at was a great tree for a treestand.So being a deer hunter too I thought it look like a good spot to deer hunt.4 hours later I was climbing up that tree in my deerstand.Even tho I was tired as hell it was a great morning.About 8:30am I seen a deer to my left about 45 yards away.It picked it's head up just to find it was full of horns....So I say no coon hunting does not effect deer and deer movements....They have done lots of research about this issue and came up with the same thing.......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:04 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Trail_Bawler wrote:
Well I have a story about this.We was runnin dogs one night and treed a coon about a mile in.The tree they where at was a great tree for a treestand.So being a deer hunter too I thought it look like a good spot to deer hunt.4 hours later I was climbing up that tree in my deerstand.Even tho I was tired as hell it was a great morning.About 8:30am I seen a deer to my left about 45 yards away.It picked it's head up just to find it was full of horns....So I say no coon hunting does not effect deer and deer movements....They have done lots of research about this issue and came up with the same thing.......

good looking deer and a good looking dog too... where did you get the name ''walters'' for your dog ?

GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH JUDY
PKC SILVER CHAMPION,,,,,,,,,, ACHA NITE CHAMPION
ACHA ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION
TRUE STORY ,,, THAT'S RIGHT ,,, NO-NONSENSE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:47 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

payroll01,
Thanks....That's my last name....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Trail_Bawler wrote:
payroll01,
Thanks....That's my last name....

OK,,,,,, ME TO,,,,,,,,THAT'S RIGHT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

only if you ask a deer hunter.
i have found most dog hunters have far more knowledge of deer behavior then most avid deer hunters do.
i have treed coon at 6 am behind my house and killed deer in the same spot at 7 am.
i have had deer layin 50 yards from where the dogs were treed.
deer wont run from dogs unless the dogs give chase..
i had a guy ask me to not coon hunt his woods till he got his deer, i said fine, after two weeks he called and said i could hunt he had not seen any deer. that night i hunted his woods , i killed 7 coon back to back re releasing one dog off treed coon.the next morning he killed a giant buck standing where i had been parked. i left his woods at 5 am. he killed the deer at 7am. so, maybe it helps...LOL

TRUE STORY..ASK PAYROLL lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

lot of truth on this lie i said on here i use to deer hunt with dogs would run dogs in the morrowing @ sit in a stand in the evening and still see lots of deer then coonhunt at night dogs and people was always in the woods but things have changed so much hunting is all about money now and thats adown right shame but hound hunters all over the usa turn em @ show em what its all about god bless @ good hunting

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:47 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

toe cutter wrote:
only if you ask a deer hunter.
i have found most dog hunters have far more knowledge of deer behavior then most avid deer hunters do.
i have treed coon at 6 am behind my house and killed deer in the same spot at 7 am.
i have had deer layin 50 yards from where the dogs were treed.
deer wont run from dogs unless the dogs give chase..
i had a guy ask me to not coon hunt his woods till he got his deer, i said fine, after two weeks he called and said i could hunt he had not seen any deer. that night i hunted his woods , i killed 7 coon back to back re releasing one dog off treed coon.the next morning he killed a giant buck standing where i had been parked. i left his woods at 5 am. he killed the deer at 7am. so, maybe it helps...LOL

TRUE STORY..ASK PAYROLL lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,,, THAT'S RIGHT,,,TRUE STORY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

HEY CUT-TOE, i was there when he killed it. it was 45 min. after you pulled out....that's right

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have the same problem, and i don't think it hurts the deer hunting, hell if every time a dog or person walk throw a woods it spooked deer so bad they won't go back where would all the deer go, if nothing else i think it would help the hunting, make the deer move more during the day

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:18 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i take my deer almost every year on the same ranch, and so do many peple...so if balzin lead at the stupid things dont scare em off, i dont think a barkin dog is gunna do it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:03 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

begining to like turkey hunters more and more tho they hate coons have gained several hunting spots from them

"PR" BLISTERING ROWDY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next