CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

BLISTERING ROWDY wrote:
begining to like turkey hunters more and more tho they hate coons have gained several hunting spots from them

Another good place to look is orchards...Man they will let you run on them in a min.lol Man you talk about coons they are full of em...I have one here to run on..The dream place.Apple,with corn fields and a 5 acer blackberry thicket with two ponds right in the middle...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:50 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I found it doesnt really make a difference out here, but then again deer are everywhere you look lol,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Trail_Bawler wrote:
BLISTERING ROWDY wrote:
begining to like turkey hunters more and more tho they hate coons have gained several hunting spots from them

Another good place to look is orchards...Man they will let you run on them in a min.lol Man you talk about coons they are full of em...I have one here to run on..The dream place.Apple,with corn fields and a 5 acer blackberry thicket with two ponds right in the middle...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yea i know of one orchard here but the man will cuss you if u even look at it lol

"PR" BLISTERING ROWDY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:22 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

BLISTERING ROWDY wrote:
Trail_Bawler wrote:
BLISTERING ROWDY wrote:

Yea i know of one orchard here but the man will cuss you if u even look at it lol

We got them kind of folks here too.lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:15 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

The only bad thing about tring to wait to coon hunt after deer season here in michigan is by the time deer seasons over all the coon have holed up for the winter.But around here some big farmers want every thing gone coon, deer,turkey, and etc. So knowing them lets me hunt run coon during deer season because the farmer wont but up with any body coplaining that im ruining there deer hunting because one im not and two its his land and what he says goes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

No the deer dont go away in my opinion and wont I have seen deer at night on a places that i have coon hunted hard the night before and the next morning have went back to bow hunt or shot gun and have killed or seen just as many all within hours apart in a comp hunt earlier this year the dogs treed about 20 yards from some does bedded down they never moved

No one came, except God
When I needed a breath to rise, from my sleep
No one could help me.. except God

When all I saw was sadness, and I needed answers
No one heard me, except God
So when I'm asked.. who I give my unconditional love to?
I look for no other name, except God”
Tupac Shakur 1971-1996

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:50 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

A BIG FAT NO!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

BLISTERING ROWDY wrote:

one farm i hunt the guy has alot of pheasents and he likes huntin them, the coons do numbers on the pheasents, he loves it when i come out, he also farms a cpl hundred acres of corn, its pretty much coon paradise. he always tells me he wont be happy unless i leave with 12 coons. its damn near possible too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

it seems like there is a whole lot less big farms around here. they are selling out and building houses on them

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:52 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

coonhunter2009 wrote:
iam from sc and used to deer hunt with dogs it dont hurt the deer hunting and i have always coon hunted have walked 10 feet of deer laying down never moved this may start something but i say whats on my mind and now a days everyone thinks dogs run deer off open your eyes yotes are around and so are the deer so no they do not

i agree 100%. we have had deer all around us down here and they stay right there. i have been in clubs that dog drive and that dont hurt the deer either. if u dont shoot the deer when they cross those deer and other deer that have fled usually come back into the drives after a while

timber
starbaby

http://www.myspace.com/bulletsbuddy
GOING DEEP FOR THE MEAT

Dryswamp Kennels
"PR" Dryswamp All Jacked Up
"PR" Dryswamp Nocturnal Star Baby
"PR" Dryswamp Bawls Out Rowdy (RIP)
"PR" Dryswamp Cuttin' Timber
"PR" Dryswamp Brush Bustin' Hemi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:42 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

barryg35 wrote:
A BIG FAT NO!

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's right

GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH JUDY
PKC SILVER CHAMPION,,,,,,,,,, ACHA NITE CHAMPION
ACHA ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION
TRUE STORY ,,, THAT'S RIGHT ,,, NO-NONSENSE

Post subject: hounds scaring deer?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Ok guys want your opinions. I got a buddy of mine down deer hunting he says me coonhunting my deer hunting spots i will never kill a big one. A big one in my part of kansas is 155+ 170 to 200in deer get killed every year within 15 25miles of me. I say its crap that my dog in me walking threw scare them cus that big one nows when hes being hunted and when he can just lay low in not worry. yes I wouldnt have any deer if my dog ran deer but none of them do. Hes never coonhunted so hes never been in the spot where you can walk past 5does and they just lay there at 20yds.

Post subject: Re: hounds scaring deer?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:21 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

butler wrote:
Ok guys want your opinions. I got a buddy of mine down deer hunting he says me coonhunting my deer hunting spots i will never kill a big one. A big one in my part of kansas is 155+ 170 to 200in deer get killed every year within 15 25miles of me. I say its crap that my dog in me walking threw scare them cus that big one nows when hes being hunted and when he can just lay low in not worry. yes I wouldnt have any deer if my dog ran deer but none of them do. Hes never coonhunted so hes never been in the spot where you can walk past 5does and they just lay there at 20yds.

I HAVE TWO UNCLES THAT HAVE ALOT OF LAND HERE IN MS. I COONHUNT ALL OF IT. THEY ARE DIEHARD TROPHY HUNTERS AND GET SOME GAINTS YEAR AFTER YEAR. IF THEY THOUGHT I WAS RUNNING THE DEER OFF GUESS WHAT? THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO HUNT THEIR PLACES. I ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION I HAD A HARD TIME GETTING THEM TO SEE THE LIGHT BUT THEY GAVE ME A CHANCE AND NOW SEE DIFFERENT.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:21 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I havent seen where coon hunting changes deer hunting spots at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know some deer hunters that want me to call them and tell them where I am going to put out when I go to their places. They will be there in the a.m. They say I might make the deer move out that night, but they are coming back in the a.m.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next