CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Who has Bluetick Grit???
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Looking for some bluetick bloodlines with more grit. Anyone know who has hair pulling blueticks that have speed to put the bear up and the grit to get in tight with one on the ground? I have seen some with lots of speed but not with enough courage or grit to pull hair on them big bears.Thanks Mike

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:55 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Cameron blood and Vaughn blood brandon
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ghostdog wrote:
Cameron blood and Vaughn blood brandon
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Ive heard of guys using cameron bred blues with good success and others without. Have you seen any on bears and do they have enough grit to stay with a mean one? Thanks Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:58 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know a guy in Montana that has some Vaughn/Smokey River hounds that he has pictures of them hanging on the sides of bears. I had a full brother to one of his hounds that had more grit than anything I've hunted over. I just talked to him today and he said that dog helped a bear out of a tree just the other day!lol I don't give out his number to anyone, but if you wanna give me yours I will sure pass it on to him. I'm pretty sure he has two female pups right now out of a cross he made. A lot of the night hunt guys call smokey river dogs alligators cause they are pretty aggressive and most will kill a coon like nothing. And since Elbert and Warren made a lot of out crosses, the hounds are quite similar.
I don't know anything about Cameron dogs because I only had to talk to Del once to figure out that I didn't want to do business with him and I've heard a lot more bad than good.
A guy by the name of Larry Anderson (NoTellm Blues?) in Kalispell Montana has some Upson bred dogs that are supposed to the real deal and I know he runs around with Wes McCollister from up in BC. I don't know if they have anything available right now.
PM Me your number if you would like to talk to any of these fellas. I trust all these guys and they will prob tell ya any faults their dogs might have before they will brag them up.

'PR' Crooked Creek E's "Dangit" Anyhow
'PR' Crooked Creek E's "Slippery" WW

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:31 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Jet bred dogs r very gritty dogs but love to fight at the tree rambo is a gritty dog but don't fight at the tree

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:04 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Big Cajun wrote:
Jet bred dogs r very gritty dogs but love to fight at the tree rambo is a gritty dog but don't fight at the tree

I agree. The dog I spoke about that drug the bear out of a tree has some jet in him. Dog is a cross off of Fleek's Doctor Death dog and Oscar Thomas' Bonnet dog. Both of which are dead now. The best dog I will prob ever own came from that same cross. I didn't mention the little bit of jet in that dog, because I don't think a real heavy bred jet dog would make much of a big game dog personally, but they dang sure have some characteristics that are beneficial like grit and tree power. Just my opinion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:04 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Big Cajun wrote:

I agree. The dog I spoke about that drug the bear out of a tree has some jet in him. Dog is a cross off of Fleek's Doctor Death dog and Oscar Thomas' Bonnet dog. Both of which are dead now. The best dog I will prob ever own came from that same cross.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

A good Cameron is hard to beat and will fight to his last breath. Camerons are one of the last pure Blueticks, most everything else has so many outcrosses you really can not call them anything including what some are calling Camerons.
There are a few exceptions. I know of a guide that treed three B and C bears in one week with pure Camerons.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Mike... I have it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Try some John Ray breed blues. Super fast, extremely cold nosed, and real gritty.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ray dogs definitely that's why I just bought 3 more...I do have a Cameron that is gritty as any other breed but struggles to keep up with my pack here on the coast