CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I was wondering if anybody bear hunted in north carolina.I hunt on the very west tip of nc in a small community called tusquittee and theres a ton of bear there but i also love to coon hunt but bear huntings more of a challenge.The only down side to it is every now and then youll get a dog killed.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I have a good friend that lives in Franklin N.C. he is the game warden there. He has been trying to get me to come out and bear hunt for years. I am going to do it this summer. He told me if I would drive out he would give me a well bred pup. Can't beet that deal. He has some mules and we are going to spend some time rideing mules following hounds,treeing bear and telling lies. Cant wait

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:22 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Yeah there aint nothin like bear hunting.hearin the dog strike a hot track,turning loose,listening for dogs,chasin em to the tree.Its just really exciting and i cant get enough of it but it will drain you if they go in to a bad spot and you will have to take a day off to rest up for it again.I live pretty close to franklin.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

we hunt nc east coast i hunt with the prune juice posy when we hit the swamp we have 300yrs experience at the rig. boy they can tell some good stories about the past.thats between 4 guys.thats who i learned from and still learning when your on the radio with them they know right were you are in that swamp like they were there yesterday had them talk me out several times they love it when i tell them my hat was floating.its tough but its fun shoot i lose 20 to 25lbs in 3 days.then i need to let some young blood my son or nephew go in.me and my brother inlaw switch on and off with them.you have to get down and crawl threw the briers and the only way is threw the tunnels the bears have made for 100,200yds or more to get in and get the shot and you know its bayed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:53 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i live in sylva and hunt in macon, clay and cherokee counties

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Bare Down, Do you know Clarence and Corbit Hall. They live in that same area where you hunt.