CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hunt in Montana
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:41 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Planning on Elk hunting in Montana next year, would like to find a houndsman out there to go bear and or lion hunting. Anyone in Montana interested please send me a PM.
Thanks Tickdogs

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Hunt in Montana
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I sure hope there will be elk to hunt next year! The wolves are flat putting them down this winter. It is really getting to be hard to find a lion track with out wolf tracks following them. Good luck in your quest!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:16 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

illegal to run bear with hounds in mt. cat run seson runs from first of dec. to 15 of april. as for the elk, there are still plenty of em around. just hope for snow fer ya can do some trackin. bout the only way a guy can git em anymore. leased for me. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

montananative wrote:
illegal to run bear with hounds in mt. cat run seson runs from first of dec. to 15 of april. as for the elk, there are still plenty of em around. just hope for snow fer ya can do some trackin. bout the only way a guy can git em anymore. leased for me. :lol:

I guess a guy might have to head your way if you still have plenty of elk. Region 1 were I live is getting real bad the fish and game are going to cut most anterless hunts this year. We wouldnt want the wolves to starve to death.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:20 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

im in billings now, but i worked on a ranch in drummond for just under two yrs and we got em every yr. the wolves are thick over there and they hvae taken a toll on the elk, but you can still get in on em. they wont hardly bugle any more for the bow hunters, cause there to damn scared to cause when they talk, they get eaten. this dont appply to me cause ive never been to excited to bow hunt myself, and my .270 will reach alot farther than an arrow. all a guy need to do is cut some tracks and start walkin. we were started to see the elk in much larger groups, and they were hangin out on BIG ol bald hill, for they could see them mangy critters comin from a ways a way. and alot of the bigger bulls are goin into the jungle, where you cant hardly get to em, abd if you did, youd be a fool to drop one cause you be packin it out for a week, thats pretty typical for them bulls to do that tho. jsut my experiences in that country. have a good one

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:09 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

It's sad to hear what those darn wolves have done to the elk population in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. And it's also funny how the goverment can hold us accountable when we cause lose or damage to the elk herd and don't hold their own managers and federal judges to the same standard. I just wish people would have fought those darn wolves before the fish and game brought them in from Canada, cause once you have those things that are like just cockroaches in the south country......

keep'em treed,
ike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That's the govt. for ya!! The bad thing is there moving east & its not gonna get any better. SSS!!!!!!!!!!!!