It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Blue Dog Days
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:04 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

LCK,

I haven't heard much about your plans, so are you guys gonna still be up there? I turned my ankle this past Sunday which will most likely put me out of the woods this weekend, and then I've had a couple guys that want me to run them down a bear on different units. Shoot me an email and let me know what, when and where if you get time!

ike

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Blue Dog Days
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:23 pm 
IP:
I was wondering the same thing. I don't have any blue dogs but I can chat with the best of them. I guess I have a ticked up walker I can claim.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:36 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We should start trickling in on the 21st. Hopefully the drifts are down by then? My buddy was up there last weekend and said they were melting fast, but still big. ALL dogs are welcome. It would be great to see you all there!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Dang it lck,I was looking forward to going this year,Sues surgery is on the 19th,So I will be taking care of her for a bit during that hunt,..maybe I can slink up for a visit and to meet some folks,Shoot me a pm and let me know where camp is when you get time thanks..Oh yeah are you taking the mule along??

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:29 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We will be at the mouth of Water Hollow on the Timber Canyon Road. If that spot is taken, we will be somewhere along the creek. I think the mule is going to sit this one out. I still have a few things to round up for him before I can stay with him on the mountain.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:33 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

What's that LCK, a larger shock collar and a ball bat?

just kiddin!

ike

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:58 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ike wrote:
What's that LCK, a larger shock collar and a ball bat?

just kiddin!

ike

Probably close to it LOL.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I personally believe that you should bring that mule (if he's short) and we can all get on him and take some photos, then photoshop them as black and white and we'd all look like the old time hunters or maybe even the Lee brothers...........

ike :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:01 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ike wrote:
I personally believe that you should bring that mule (if he's short) and we can all get on him and take some photos, then photoshop them as black and white and we'd all look like the old time hunters or maybe even the Lee brothers...........

Not a bad idea LOL. He could probably hold all of us at once! Big ole stout buggar.

So far I have managed to round up a trailer, saddle, bridle w/ decent bit, but still waiting for my britchin and breast colalr to be made and still in need of a good mule pad and some portable fencing before I can put him to good use. He is on the old side, but has followed hounds for the biggest part of his long life. I am looking forward to the next bear who tries to head off into Slab canyon and drop off into Cow Hollow on me. Shouldn't be too rough a hike on the old fellow!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I did get over by the Blue Dog Days bear hunt over the weekend and had a chance to meet some of the gang, as I stopped by Saturday mid-day and drank a pot or two of LCK's coffee. Thanks for the visit and the coffee guys, and I hope you saw a little sunshine and had some luck striking bear as well.

ike 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:41 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The sun finally came out at about noon on Sunday. We managed to harass a couple old tracks and maybe even got a couple to at least stand up see what was making all the rucuss.

Coonscry's dogs finally rigged hard and he dumped the box. I tossed a couple in and we had the bear stopped in a matter of minutes. That was the easy part. The hard part was getting to the tree. The heavens opened up again, and dark came real fast.

All said and done, we got the dogs off the mountain thanks to Notellm, his wife and Coonscry's buddy, and made it back to camp at 0100 hours LOL.

It was a rainy mess most of the time, but we did some world class story telling and ate a lot of good food.

Enjoyed our visit Ike. Good luck this week.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:36 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Thanks LCK. We did go out today and found one rained in sow track and fresh sow and cub tracks, but no boars yet. Gotta love it, that is hunting for the boars. But I guess that's the difference between having hounds and a pursuit permit and not having hounds and a kill tag......