CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:39 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post your ads in the classified section located further down on the forum.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Buckshot those of us that used this site for classifieds did so because the classified section only offered Reg. stock and we western hunters don't have the interest in reg. coondogs as do our eastern brothers so I plead with you to reconsider letting us place our ads on the Big game section "or" open a (western hounds classified) and I bet you will see many western hunters logging on.Please think it over and see if it can work let me know your thinking.frank (fgrimm)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:44 am 
IP:
I agree, why should we have to scroll through the coonhound section to look for a big game dog? If people posted it in both, its just too get more viewing of there dogs. It does not take up that much hard drive space on the server for that. Come on buckshot give us back our big game want add section.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Each time you come to the forum, click on the View new posts as it will only show you new post since your last visit.

Seeing as this Site is 99% geared for coon hunting and just 1% covering big game hunting with hounds, it is really not that big of a loss as instead of a section devoted to big game classified ads, folks will need to post in the breed section like everyone else already does.

Problem is, too many folks were posting their ad in the Big Game Classifieds along with one of the breed classified section as it was.

The sections eliminated were the sections where duplicate ads were constantly being duplicated.

Like anything else, I have been posting reminder threads about posting duplicate ads. Just like every other reminder I post, it falls on blind eyes.

I along with many people use the View new posts feature to view post on the forum............it gets old seeing bunches of duplicate ads listed in the new post which in turn floods the feature with duplicate ads and distrupts the intent of the feature.

The sections listed in the Site News and Announcement section that were deleted will not be coming back.

Since I have deleted the Big Game Classified section -- some are still posting ads in the regular big game hound section along with a breed section.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, having to go through all the coon dogs to find a big game hound you will lose members over this, you watch. we want quick reasults instead of having to look for hours to find what we want.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:18 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seeing as this is site is 99% geared for coon hunting, then if it means losing 1% of members cause the big game ads need to be posted in the breed section like everyone else already does is a chance I will take.

Seeing as this site is not geared for big game houndsmen like the BigGameHoundsmen.com site that I sold to Buddy in the summer of 2007, it really can't be that much of a member loss as there was not that many ads devoted to big game hounds to begin with and majority of them could also had been found in the breed section as well.

Like I posted above, if you use the View new posts feature to view post on the forum, it will not take hours.

I understand I can not please 100% of the members -- I accepted that fact many years ago. Members come and go --- some have been here from the beginning and some have left cause they don't like how things are done...........that's part of the game........You win some you lose some.........life goes on.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:09 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Buckshot, if your not worried about losing your supposed 1% of members why not just get rid of the big game forums all together?

Some people aren't on this site every day. If your not on here for a week or more it does take a long ##*%* time to sort through all the dogs to find one you would maybe be interested in.

The big game classifieds wasn't broken, so why waste your time and remove it? I don't think there was that much double posting going on, if there was, big deal.

my $.02

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:26 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is what it is.........I have stated the reason why the the section was removed.

..............................it's not coming back back.

Maybe it's not a big deal for you with the double posting but add up the double posting on all the sections that were deleted because of the double posting and then you would see that when you used the View new posts feature to view post on the forum, you'd have so many duplicate ads from all those sections combined that the defeated the intent of the feature.

Like I said above, I realize I can't pleae 100% of the members and fact is somethings will not be to everyone's liking.............life goes on.

I am closing this thread as it is getting old posting sounding like a broken record player as I have stated the reasons numerous times why the sections announced were deleted. Plus we are expecting another son anyday now and not going to waste my time responding to the same old thing when I have better things to do and the answer has been stated numerous times already.

Profile  WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]