CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: suicide
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Life is full of poison's. That we as people put into our bodies, not knowing what harm we are doing to ourselves. The meat's, and veggies that we buy at the super market are some of the worst ones. The animals are being feed steriroids and a numerous other substances to make them grow faster, our veggies are the same way only they have pestisides on them to add to our destruction even more. However the point I am getting at the BIBLE i read, study, and learn from. Teaches me that their are no sins bigger than another. A SIN is a SIN is a SIN. However if you confess that SIN, and ask for forgiveness it shall be broken spread as far as EAST is to WEST and burried in the depths of the sea. Even MURDER. Now my thought on this is. If I shoot, cut, stab, hang, or do any other sort of thing to take my own life. That would be murder, and I would be dead, How could I ask for forgiveness if I am dead?????? I hope to all who read this it does not cause any heartache or pain. and it is somewhat helpful. Godbless you and I hope to all a great and joyfull day.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

good thoughts everybody, I about not made this post. may GOD bless us all, I will keep everybody here in prayers.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm 
IP:
Nightwalker2010 wrote:
Life is full of poison's. That we as people put into our bodies, not knowing what harm we are doing to ourselves. The meat's, and veggies that we buy at the super market are some of the worst ones. The animals are being feed steriroids and a numerous other substances to make them grow faster, our veggies are the same way only they have pestisides on them to add to our destruction even more. However the point I am getting at the BIBLE i read, study, and learn from. Teaches me that their are no sins bigger than another. A SIN is a SIN is a SIN. However if you confess that SIN, and ask for forgiveness it shall be broken spread as far as EAST is to WEST and burried in the depths of the sea. Even MURDER. Now my thought on this is. If I shoot, cut, stab, hang, or do any other sort of thing to take my own life. That would be murder, and I would be dead, How could I ask for forgiveness if I am dead?????? I hope to all who read this it does not cause any heartache or pain. and it is somewhat helpful. Godbless you and I hope to all a great and joyfull day.

Nightwalker 2010 Are you saying that if someone dies and there is any unconfess sin
in there life they are lost for every, suicide would be one of them sin,s. Last week there
was a earthquakes that killed around 50,000 people, around 30,000 of those people
were saved, but they had unconfess sin when they were killed , are they lost for every
they had unconfess sin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I don't feel that they would be lost forever. I just think that upon judgment, You are and will pay for the sins that are not squared away with god. I know I am starting to look at myself on a daily basises cause I know through out the day I do commit sin some times I don't even know that I am, and in cases such as that I truly hope that is not held against me on my judgment. That is the million dollar question I have. If you commit a sin by doing something very little such as telling someone your talking on the phone with Hey man I gotta go the bosses on me. During the whole time your on the lake fishing. I understand thats a lie but I do have people that I communicate with that are so caught up with their selves I usually answer the phone to see if their okay or not needing any help but shortly after answering I am looking for something to say to get rid of them. So if I commit a sin and don't realize that I have, or understand that I have sinned. Is that held against me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Nightwalker2010 wrote:
I don't feel that they would be lost forever. I just think that upon judgment, You are and will pay for the sins that are not squared away with god.

That's not what the Bible says. Jesus paid for all of our sins on the cross. We will answer for everything we've said or done, and there will be rewards, or loss of rewards as the case may be, but the fact remains that Jesus paid it all. Either we are lost, or we are saved, there's no in-between. We were justified through faith in Christ. The confession in 1 John 1:9 is part of our sanctification process. Sin will drive a wedge between us and God, so it's important to keep a "short account", if you will, but as far as us paying for our sins, we can't, and we don't need to because Jesus has already taken care of it for us.

That being said, please pray for me. I have not had a very strong walk with the Lord for the past few months, and I am finding it very hard to get back to where I should be. Throughout the hunting season I had been making excuses, missing church, and neglecting my Bible studies. That wedge got in there, allowing sin to crop up, and making it difficult to get back to where I was. I need to get back to regular attendance and Bible studies, as well as continue in prayer, but I'm stuck in a rut of not being able to get motivated to do what I should. I have that whole Romans 7:14~24 going on. Again, please pray for me.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bsczar1 hit the nail on the head. My brother shot and killed himself March 6, 2009. I will never forget that call. His friend called me first to tell me it had happened and I was the one who had to call my parents who lived out of state. I did NOT want to make that call and will forever hear their screams and cries when I had to call them at 1:30 that morning. Did my brother go to hell? My brother got saved when he was 13........I truly believe he is in Heaven.

NO one can live a sin free perfect life.............I don't care who you are. But if you confess your sins to Christ and ask him to be your Saviour then you have an eternal life with Him when you die. You will be rewarded accordingly for the way you lived your life when you get there.

How empty would Heaven be if only the perfect and sinless were the ones allowed to be there??

It has been a long and painful year for my family. I pray for those of you who have lost loved ones to suicide. It changes everything.......and everyone it touches.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:29 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

FloridaGirl wrote:
bsczar1 hit the nail on the head. My brother shot and killed himself March 6, 2009. I will never forget that call. His friend called me first to tell me it had happened and I was the one who had to call my parents who lived out of state. I did NOT want to make that call and will forever hear their screams and cries when I had to call them at 1:30 that morning. Did my brother go to hell? My brother got saved when he was 13........I truly believe he is in Heaven.

NO one can live a sin free perfect life.............I don't care who you are. But if you confess your sins to Christ and ask him to be your Saviour then you have an eternal life with Him when you die. You will be rewarded accordingly for the way you lived your life when you get there.

How empty would Heaven be if only the perfect and sinless were the ones allowed to be there??

It has been a long and painful year for my family. I pray for those of you who have lost loved ones to suicide. It changes everything.......and everyone it touches.

sorry for your loss, I agree with you, once saved always saved.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:56 pm 
IP:
tnridgerunner wrote:
good thoughts everybody, I about not made this post. may GOD bless us all, I will keep everybody here in prayers.

tnridgerunner i think this has been a good thread,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:44 pm 
IP:
FloridaGirl wrote:

floridagirl if you have read all of the reply on this thread, you would see that i said
suicide was just another way to die, And if you were saved you would go to heaven.
The bible said in FIRST JOHN 2-1 My little children, these things write i unto you, that
ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the
righteous; 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins;
Romans 8--34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died,yea rather, that is
risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

So when do we need a advocate or a intercession? Well when we can talk or pray we
dont need a advocate or intercesser. But when we cant pray or talk, like if you are in
a coma, or just had a stroke or just killed your self, that is when Jesus is going to pray
for us, just because you are dead you still have life. Yes when you die Jesus is still
praying for you. And you will be i heaven. Lonnie Woodcox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:53 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

dwoocox wrote:
tnridgerunner wrote:

tnridgerunner i think this has been a good thread,

thanks to all of you. my brother and sister of CHRIST who talk about there thoughts. thanks you all, and may GOD bless you.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We are saved by the grace of God through faith. What is our faith to be in? The demonstration of of God's grace which is the redemptive work Christ did on the cross. We put our trust in the fact that the blood shed was the perfect blood shed to forgive us our sins. We trust that the prophets spoke truth in that He (Jesus) would take the wrath deserved each one who puts their faith in Him as Lord and Savior. That He died once and for all to free believers from the bondage of sin. So that sacrifice is sufficient and was given for me and you. Once we have trusted in Him our sins are covered; past present future.
How do we deal with sin as believers. The difference in our life post saving grace is the fact that we have repeneted, in other words have changed our minds about sin. Does this make us infallible. No! But though we still commit sin we are no longer practicing sinners. that is the difference. Those who practice sin (accept and commit with no conviction) will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. As we mature the Vinedresser prunes the unfruitful branches so we sin less and bear more of His fruit.
On the subject of suicide can someone saved commit suicide? It is possible. Suicide is not practiced. I would be very concerned for someone who continues to try suicide. But many of us while walking in grace have found ourselves in the blink of an eye making a bad choice. Remember that anything not done in faith is sin.(Believe you will find that in Romans)
The thing to remember is we can not earn our way into heaven. The price was paid in full by Jesus. To add anything to what Christ did as prerequisite to be forgiven crumbles the foundation of grace. Scripture does not teach grace plus anything. Our ability to be saved is by God's grace through the work of the Holy Spirit. Our ability to grow out of sin is the work of the Father. It is not what I do but what He did and our life as a result begins to transform in the hands of the Potter. Our works are a result of our faith and based on love not to gain enough credits to enter the Kingdom. We have truly lived in a great time....To be able to look back at the cross.

God bless

blueduck_ranch@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:08 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've not been on this board for a few years until tonight and came across this thread, this is a very hard subject, everyone has their own scripture that like to use on any given subject. A lot of the posts are good, some are not, some talk of works without using the word works, some give the impression that everything is ok in Gods eyes, and some says we most confess all known sin before we die now that is a hard one, 1 John 5:[17] All unrighteousness is sin:. I'm not here to debate or to prove one way or the other that a person that kills themselves will go to heaven or hell. Is it possible for us to live unrighteous at some point and time in our walk with Christ, I thank God that my righteousness is in Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross. Have we ever failed to do as James tells us in Ch. 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. I found this question at www.gotquestions.org http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-s ... saved.html

Cell # 606-599-2741