CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CALLED TO PREACH
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

HOW DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED TO PREACH GODS HOLY WORD?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: CALLED TO PREACH
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:14 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

it is something you cant explained, you just know. just pray.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:13 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Seek the guidance of godly men in your church and ask them to pray with you. Then see if you can find some chances to preach. You may want to get some more training...Bible college or training through a seasoned pastor, ask some pastors you know and see having effective ministries and see what did they do to become pastors.

As I understand it when you feel God may be calling you to do a ministry or vocation 'hoist up a sail and see if God sends any wind to fill it'. If He does try to keep your anchor on board as much as you can or you may not get wherever He is trying to move you to.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:45 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

God doesn't call one to preach and then shut the door of opportunity. God may send you to the back side of the desert for some preparation, but when he brings you forth from the wilderness, you will have a message to preach. Don't try to force a door to open. Don't try to rush God, he doesn't rush. When the fulness of time is come, a door will open and you will know it is the will of God.
Schooling is good, if kept in its place, but one doesn't "learn" to preach, he is "called" to preach. Because of the anointing, the yoke is destroyed. God hath anointed me to preach the gospel.
When God opens the door in his own good time, he will give you the words you need to say. Throw away the ministers book of sermons. Don't try to preach another mans message. Don't copy another mans ministery, God Called YOU, and he gives you the words to speak in due season.
Don't try to be something you are not, minister according to the measure of the gift of Grace that God has given you. Success is measured by the results seem, but by the obedience unto the call of God.
It is a lonely walk that can't be compromised.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

snooky wrote:
God doesn't call one to preach and then shut the door of opportunity. God may send you to the back side of the desert for some preparation, but when he brings you forth from the wilderness, you will have a message to preach. Don't try to force a door to open. Don't try to rush God, he doesn't rush. When the fulness of time is come, a door will open and you will know it is the will of God.
Schooling is good, if kept in its place, but one doesn't "learn" to preach, he is "called" to preach. Because of the anointing, the yoke is destroyed. God hath anointed me to preach the gospel.
When God opens the door in his own good time, he will give you the words you need to say. Throw away the ministers book of sermons. Don't try to preach another mans message. Don't copy another mans ministery, God Called YOU, and he gives you the words to speak in due season.
Don't try to be something you are not, minister according to the measure of the gift of Grace that God has given you. Success is measured by the results seem, but by the obedience unto the call of God.
It is a lonely walk that can't be compromised.

I agree 100% with you. I just wish I had someone that would have help me more. maybe I wouldn't have stop when time got rough. that was my fault for stopping. the devil will try every thing to stop you. trust me. you will know when it is time, just start by opening up for the preacher, don't push it, just read and study the bible. good luck. and GOD Bless.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:52 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I agree 100% with you. I just wish I had someone that would have help me more. maybe I wouldn't have stop when time got rough. that was my fault for stopping. the devil will try every thing to stop you. trust me. you will know when it is time, just start by opening up for the preacher, don't push it, just read and study the bible. good luck. and GOD Bless.[/quote]

That's one reason I think anyone who is sensing God's call to ministry need to seek out a mature pastor for help as they obey God's call. Whether that is someone in the church or denomination you fellowship with. Find some guy who has been in ministry for his lifetime and has seen much fruit of folks being saved. This is a model seen again and again in scripture from one end to the other. That might be what you needed TN. Maybe it is time to see if God still has His anointing on your life for ministry. Tough times are what Jesus promised those who follow Him but he rarely sent his disciples out on their own, can't offhand recall that he ever did.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:59 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Elisha received a double portion of the power that Elijah had received. Thats a pretty powerful ministry in my book. How did Elisha get that ministry? He was the one who poured water on the hands of Elijah. What a humbling ministry, just helping Elijah wash his hands. Jesus said, He that would be chief among you, let him become the servant of all. For every minute spent in the limelight, behind the pulpit, there is hours spent in prayer, fasting, studying, visiting the hospital, old folks home, sitting all night with the sick and dying. Crying with the brokenhearted, mourning with those who mourn, suffering with those who are hurting.
preaching on Sunday is easy, being a preacher is the hard part.
Whatever one does for God, he must make his calling and election sure before God. Its a rough, and rocky road, but there is nothing better than walking with God.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:57 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks for the pm and what have been said, I dint post that to try to take this guys post, I done it to let him know, it is a hard road, and I hope he has a lot of support. good luck.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Midnite Walker, your church or association of churches likely has a process for encouraging those who feel called to serve in ministry. Do you sense a call to preach apart from pastoring? Maybe God is calling you to be an evangelist or teaching pastor. Is there part of your character that wants to watch over and guide the church and bring others to the joy of salvation? That is more of a shepherd's or pastor's heart. Some churches are independent and identify and certify their own pastors, other churches have a larger organization and process to license and ordain pastors through a credentialing board. Like was already said, being a pastor is so much more than preaching and preaching is so much more than being able to speak out a sermon. If God is calling you to it expect to feel and experience the full range of joys and griefs as you serve the flock of a church. Preaching without the flame of the Holy Ghost is just noise in a room of sleepy people. It might be nice sounding noise but without God in it it won't cut into hearts needing to hear it.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am 
IP:
I will have to agree with Will exspecially on the last of his comment. Im sure these other men are more educated and exsperianced than me but heres my opinion.You may all ready be here but get in a church were there is liberty.Dont forget the spirit cause thats were the real preachin comes from.So if your in a church were you feel comfortable and the lord is movin the lord will impress you to testify then do so.You dont have to annouce your callin right away so pray alot and lean on the lord.Most real preachers t0hat are called by god testify alot and once they start god will fill there mouth with the words.Its just like the other guy said put up your sail and see if god will fill it.Im sure if your close to him and you feel hes callin you then he is .Hope this makes sense and Good luck.