It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: eighth day creation
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

have any heard of this

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: eighth day creation
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Not until you mentioned it here. I looked at some of the ideas that are involved. Sure looks like someone is trying to use the account of creation to justify calling the white race as the only one God formed in his own image or something along that line. If that were the truth then why would Phillip have shared the gospel with the Ethiopian eunuch and baptized him? Or why would many missionaries over the thousands of years gone out to preach the gospel to races other than caucasians? I hope this teaching is called out for what it is, a lie of the deceiver Satan trying to twist scripture to further add to the plan he has to ruin and destroy people before they hear of the good news of the gospel.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:55 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

You will find a number of "tHeories" on creation and other parts of the bible.
they are based on some amount of speculation. Perhaps grounds for some questions when we get to heaven but in the mean time we would be better seved studying the apistles of Paul.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:14 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I took a little more time to look into this theory. While what I posted above is one direction that some have followed in their application of this idea it is not the only conclusion out there related to the 8th day of creation idea. Definitely from what I believe, this is not the major point of the Genesis creation passages. The main points are what we need to help us understand the gospel....God created it all, gave us freedom to obey or rebel, both Adam and Eve chose to listen to a lie and not trust God so we all need a way to be saved and God chose to allow a blood sacrifice to be used as an atonement for our sins: the Old Testament sacrificial system and Christ as the perfect sacrifice once for all who believe. Getting bogged down in pulling more out of the creation account then is plainly there is a rabbit trail and off game for a serious follower of Jesus.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:15 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I respectfully disagree with the statement that this isn't important, cause i feel everything that is in the bible is important, if not why would it be there? we were givin the scripture to read and learn.. if we didn't need to learn then it wouldn't be there.. if they can prove ONE THING wrong, then they'll say its all wrong.. people will go through and act like the bible is a burger king menu.. nope sorry friend doesn't work that way.. if it says it its true, no matter how much it sucks/we don't want it to be true.. he created it in 6 days... he rested on the last day which is were we got our rest... aka sabbath

Genesis
1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day

Genesis
2:2
And on the seventh day god ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made

Genesis
2:3
And God [b]blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it[/b]: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here's an excerpt from a paper I wrote for College Writing a few weeks ago:

As a Biblical literalist, I believe God’s Word, the Bible, is inerrant and infallible. It contains neither errors nor contradictions, and is meant to be read literally unless the passage is one that is meant to be read symbolically. The problem of whether one should read a passage literally or symbolically disappears when hermeneutics is applied. Henry Virkler, in his book on the subject, defines hermeneutics as “the art and science of biblical interpretation” (16). Virkler explains there are rules that govern the two types of hermeneutics, general and special, with general hermeneutics applying to the entire Bible and special hermeneutics “apply[ing] to specific genres, such as parables, allegories, types, and prophecies” (16). Using the principles of hermeneutics, the six days of Creation are six literal 24-hour days, as stated repeatedly throughout the Creation account that each day consisted of an evening and a morning (Gen. 1.5, 1.8, 1.13, 1.19, 1.23, and 1.31).

Bibliography

The Master Study Bible. King James Version. Nashville, TN: Cornerstone Bible Publishers, 2001. Print.

Virkler, Henry A. Hermeneutics: Principles and Processes of Biblical Interpretation. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1981. Print.

Profile  WWW