CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is it a sin?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Just would like anyones input WITH Scripture backing it up not what your daddy or your papa taught you,is mixing races a sin?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Is it a sin?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:02 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Well, Moses married a Midianite gal and there's no indication he sinned by doing it. After the law was given to Israel through Moses they were not to intermarry among the nations. Sampson violated this and his legacy as a judge in Israel was a mix, God used him to judge the Phillistines but his legacy is one of rebellion against his parents and God's plan for him.
Since Jesus came to bring the New Covenant I don't think all the Mosaic laws apply to the Church. You and I probably enjoy a pork BBQ and have no problem killing an animal. Both would have been sins if we were Israelites in OT times. Then Peter and the Church in Jerusalem struggled with what OT codes apply to the believers who were coming out of the gentiles. Foods, circumcision, meat sacrificed to idols. At some point in Acts Peter is taken up in a dream or vision to a rooftop and told by God to eat what was before him, all kinds of yummy gentile food. So it seems that the codes of Jews and Gentiles was supposed to be less rigid.
One could surmise that folks in the same church who followed Christ would have young men and women who would want to marry even though some families came from a jewish background and some not. I don't see anything in the New Testament that advises folks to avoid marrying out of their "race" if that the word for it. Folks is folks if they both love the Lord and families support it or they can live with it if they don't I don't see it as any sin. Again, marriage equals one man and one woman united.
I do see that couples that come from largely different cultural backgrounds will have issues particular to seeing the world different. That can add weight to whether they are both mature enough to work through all that.
Paul talks about marriage but never mentions race or ethnic issues. He does mention that we are all equal in Christ in 1Cor. 12:13. Our country has baggage on the topic that some apply Mosaic rules where they don't really fit. If those that hold to that teaching would also follow all the kosher rules also then at least they would be consistent.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:42 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

that was very good

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:48 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Wilseeyalater great post!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:44 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

All glory to Jesus if it goes anywhere.
Well, in younger days I had to think it through and seek the Lord on it. Came to the conclusion that since her folks were probably never going to learn english that there was a mountain of uphill climbing in that future if we had kept going. We both loved Jesus but our lives were not very similar. Her folks had come over from a southeast asian country as refugees, lots of challenges and hurts in their lives from the wars they lived in. They were new in Christ and had a world view still shaped by growing up in a buddhist culture and in war. Her real dad was a soldier and was killed. Step dad was a kind man but not like a dad to her. My family was fairly normal, nothing to exciting in our world and no major traumas. Mom and dad love the Lord and kept us in prayer and in church. God led us apart before we got to talking marriage. Things worked out, God blessed it on both counts. My wife of 21 years is a great blessing of God for me and our boys. Wait for God to give you clear signs from all quarters before you marry. Love can put the blinders on you so seeking out godly scripture based counsel on the matter is wise. I had a pastor help me walk through that time, twenty three years ago now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

There is only one race: The Human Race. Skin tone is a function of the amount of melatonin, or lack thereof. The genetic difference between the different tones of skin is astronomically less than the genetic differences from one human to another human. In other words, skin tone is only a minute fraction (0.02%) genetic difference that determines skin tone. That leaves 99.98% genetic make-up that make us differnt from each other.

We have many different culture groups, many times based on skin tone, but there still is only one race.

Sorry for the lack of scripture. However, I believe in the New Testament the Bible only talks about not being unequally yoked, meaning a believer with an unbeliever, and says nothing about inter-cultural marriage.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Good point Mr. Czar. I think the nearest term for what we mean by saying race is really breed but that sounds a bit harsh when you are talking people. Just likes dogs are dogs but you see differences and we know that is related to their breeding. When we look around at each other there are those differences that go deeper then hair style and clothing. What we got from our lineage. I do think that we all share lineage back to Adam and Eve. After the Tower of Babel problem we got stirred and separated by language and folks went off into their own directions literally. I do know that the sin that drove us all apart from each other is only cured by the sacrifice that makes us whole again. We who have accepted the gift of righteousness that comes from that sacrifice will one day all celebrate at the Marriage Feast of the Lamb, every tongue, tribe and nation. I guess tribe is really a better word then breed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Amen, bsczar1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hereis the way i see it if god intended us to mix race he would had made us all one color! here is another way to look at it,look at the animals you dont see blue jays an robins mixing or cats an dogs or lions an tigers! if the animals are smart enough not to mix i sure think we would be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:55 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I am not sure that blue jays and robins mixing would even work but since they don't make friends with each other it is not an issue. Humans are able to be friends with other blends and shades and have mixed back and forth since the earliest of days on earth. I don't think any one group can say that they are a straight bred line and not crossed in some way. Our differences in language and customs makes for some complications when we live close to folks who we find hard to understand or plain don't get along with. There's no denying that this can be true, wars prove it. Wars betwixt neighbors and nations are a matter of fact in this world.
My biggest line of separation would be based on people of differing faiths marrying each other. I would not be able to go along with one of my sons wanting to marry a nice girl of a similar skin tone if she was from some other faith. It would be way easier to be happy with them if they choose someone lighter or darker if they had the same views on spiritual matters. Anyhow, my point is that comparing animals mixing to people is not what I would do to think it through. More to the point is that God made animals to have very limited choices for what they do with their lives. Humans have been gifted with the choices of wisdom or foolishness.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We still need to go back to DNA. Science is the study of God's creation, so it is a good thing if used correctly. One must remember that we ALL descended from Adam and Eve. After the Flood, we had Noah and his wife, their 3 sons and their wives. God told them to go forth, multiply, and fill the earth. Same with the animals. Remember there was one of each kind on the ark? That means one kind of dog, one kind of cat, one kind of bird, one kind of horse, and etc. There was enough DNA in each pair to produce each variety of kind: for example, the first dogs (possibly wolves) would've produced offspring, and as those group separated into family groups, less and less DNA variety would remain, narrowing the type of dog that could produced. Eventually there was only enough DNA, especially with the onset of selective breeding done by humans, to make the different breeds: Blueticks, Walkers, Poodles, Redbones, Labs, and etc.

The same type of thing happened at the Tower of Babel. Everyone spoke the same language until God confused (gave different) languages to the people. Afterwards, the groups that spoke similar languages would have separated from each other, taking only so much DNA with them. That is why we have differnt people groups, not races. It's still only one race, the human race, but the different sets of limited DNA is what makes the different people groups look different from each other. Furthermore, the different people groups also developed different cultures, or ways of looking at or doing things.

There are two kinds of people in this word: The Saved and The Lost. That should really be the only thing that determines whether or not people should get married. (Be ye not unequally yoked). Christians should not marry non-Christians. What is considered a true Christian is a topic for another thread, but suffice to say that Saved and Unsaved should not mix.

In Christ

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i disagree the old testament still applies today Christ fulfilled the cerimonial law but the moral law still stands if you study it out the bible shows that interacial marriage is wrong according to Gods moral law it was wrong then and its wrong now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:15 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I agree that the moral law still applies from the Old Testament but you haven't shown how the issue of marriage of different groups of people relates to that. I understand that Israel was to remain a people unto their own as a sign to the nations of God's choosing them and for them to be a light to the other nations. That one I am sure of. Now for us who are grafted into the vine we trace back our lineage of faith to Abraham whether we are Jews or not. Now all over the world folks of all sorts of nations who have put their faith in Jesus are also grafted into that same line. Paul teaches on this in his epistles. So where is a moral law violated if folks of equal and living faith in Jesus feel led to marry each other, again we are talking Christian men and women here, and their parents are not telling them not to? I have heard that it is a sin before but so often folks who said that also had an ugly name for every other group of people that I really wondered if they had another axe to grind on racial issues. I am not saying that is what you are getting at but I sure don't see that scripture tells us who are believers in Jesus ought to not marry someone who is somehow out of our group. I still acknowledge that there are family and culture differences enough that it can add to an extra load of things for a young couple to sort out as they go on to raise a family. Young folks from quite similar families have plenty to work out together in marriage. Give me more on this, I am not wanting to miss something if I have not had eyes to see it or a heart to accept it in God's Word, which I accept as authoritative, inerrant and inspired. My position is that it might not always be wise to marry along this line of questioning but I would not call it a sin, even today for a Jewish follower of Jesus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is a question that confussed me for many years and as I grow spiritualy in my walk with the Lord daily I search the scriptures and have not found it mentioned as a sin. Jesus taught on marriage in Matthew 19:4-12 in verse 4 He tells us marriage is between a man and a women, no were does it say between one race, and in 2Corinthians 6:14 Paul tells us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. In my opinion it is not a sin but I would encourage you to pray and ask God to show what he wants you to do. Another scripture to read is 1Corintians 6:9-11. Hope this helps you love and prayers your broter in Christ, Matt Swope Sr.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

bsczar1 wrote:
We still need to go back to DNA. Science is the study of God's creation, so it is a good thing if used correctly. One must remember that we ALL descended from Adam and Eve. After the Flood, we had Noah and his wife, their 3 sons and their wives. God told them to go forth, multiply, and fill the earth. Same with the animals. Remember there was one of each kind on the ark? That means one kind of dog, one kind of cat, one kind of bird, one kind of horse, and etc. There was enough DNA in each pair to produce each variety of kind: for example, the first dogs (possibly wolves) would've produced offspring, and as those group separated into family groups, less and less DNA variety would remain, narrowing the type of dog that could produced. Eventually there was only enough DNA, especially with the onset of selective breeding done by humans, to make the different breeds: Blueticks, Walkers, Poodles, Redbones, Labs, and etc.

The same type of thing happened at the Tower of Babel. Everyone spoke the same language until God confused (gave different) languages to the people. Afterwards, the groups that spoke similar languages would have separated from each other, taking only so much DNA with them. That is why we have differnt people groups, not races. It's still only one race, the human race, but the different sets of limited DNA is what makes the different people groups look different from each other. Furthermore, the different people groups also developed different cultures, or ways of looking at or doing things.

There are two kinds of people in this word: The Saved and The Lost. That should really be the only thing that determines whether or not people should get married. (Be ye not unequally yoked). Christians should not marry non-Christians. What is considered a true Christian is a topic for another thread, but suffice to say that Saved and Unsaved should not mix.

In Christ

I have no problem with races getting married.If God has a problem lets let him judge.But the statement we all come from adam and eve is not right.Maybe somewhat after Noah.Gensis chapter 1 he talks about making all things even man to govern the animals.Chapter 2 after he rested he saw nothing was growing so he made a mist to water everything,then he made adam to take care of the garden.Also Adam and Eve were the starting of the Jews,we are not Jews.