CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: asking
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

What should you do when your looking for the lords hand. But find a church that I can co neck with. The only church that I felt I fit in closed. Just feel lost in the world with no home

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: asking
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:50 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Pray and seek the Lord's guidence. Find individuals whom you can respect for their Christian walk. Seek out Bible studies that teach at a level that fits you in your walk with the Lord. And one more thing :D We will pray for you to.....lol

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Re: asking
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Pray. We'll be praying for you as well.

No church is perfect, but sometimes you need to try a church more than once to see if it's for you. As far as fitting in, I am a biker: tattoos, long beard and longer hair during hunting season. I go to a Ind. Fund. Baptist Church, which is mostly a shirt and tie crowd. However, I really don't care what anyone thinks of me, in fact I like being the oddball. I keep them on their toes. 8) One week I'm in a shirt and tie, and the next week I'm in jeans, t-shirt, and leathers. However, they only care about my walk with the Lord, and not how I look or what I ride. Some of the people at other churches looked down on me, but this one doesn't. Some of the churches just weren't Biblically sound, but this one is. I hope and pray you find one like it.

It took about 7 months, and 10 to 12 churches to find our home church. The most important thing is do they preach the Word, in context, and without watering it down? If so, then you're in a good church, and you'll fit in soon enough.

In Christ

Profile  WWW