CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I am thinking this one through. While it is easy to jump on board the train with the media I am wondering if there is more to it than is being seen on the surface. One thought I have is what if Elijah was to challenge the prophets of Baal today? What would our media say about it? They might call him a hater no doubt. They might point out that maybe if he loved them instead of challenging them maybe they would behave better. I don't like the fact that in muslim countries there is no real freedom of religion, freedoms seem to be highly restricted in most of those places. What if we asked to hold evangelistic rallies in Saudia Arabia and Iran? Would they be willing to be people of peace and tolerance and allow that? I wonder if that pastor is hearing from God on this one or not. I don't know if I can know that but it could be he is being used in a prophetic way. I get a sense that if Katie Couric and Hillary Clinton are against it I should consider if it could have some value. As far as the threats to our soldiers and American in harm's way, well how is that a whole lot different than the playing field they are on and have been on for the last nine years? Is anyone surprised that there are radical muslims that want to kill Americans? Hate to think that we step back just because some bullies said they were getting mad. It seems like a topic to think through a bit more. What are some of you thinking and how is that lined up with scripture examples?

The only piece I take from the Elijah example is that God called him to challenge and provoke the false prophets. I do not think the specifics of calling down fire onto the altars that were drenched in water and the killing of the prophets afterward are a model for us today to seek out. I do think it is sometimes right to challenge boldly other faiths and to take a stand for truth. Jesus even took a whip to the sales people in the temple, not exactly being a nice, sweet Jesus then was he? I do think that he was as loving to them as they needed right at that moment, just like I have loved my boys with a sharp swat on the hinder once in a while.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I think he has a point to make, and it is one that needs that to be heard. Burn a Bible or American flag, and no one says a thing, burn a Koran, and people will die because of Muslim's version of "tolerance".

In this world of "tolerance", we are expected to just accept homosexuality, sex outside of marriage (fornication), a woman's "right" to choose to kill her baby, and other religions. I do not buy into the whole tolerance movement. We are Christians, and it is our duty to stand up for what is right-God's Word-which is truth. So, while we are expected to be tolerant, we are shown utter intolerance from others. Jesus is the only way to Heaven, so either you accept it, or you don't. There is no in between. Radical Muslims don't like this Gospel, so they'll just kill the messengers.

It is common for Radical Muslims, and to a much lesser extent Hindus, to kill, torture, or otherwise persecute Christians, yet if we stage a peaceful demonstration, they just threaten to kill more of us. I believe that what he is trying to get across is that the "Islam is a Religion of Peace" slogan is a lie. It is of Satan, the father of lies.

However, so is Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, and a host of other "denominations" that claim to be Christian, but at least these people don't cut your head off for disagreeing with them. Any religion that puts their doctrines or religious books above the Bible are cults, and not true Christianity. We need to be careful when dealing with them because they tend to sound Christian, but they twist the Bible to fit their doctrines, and do not do as II Timothy 2:15 says:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

The Bible is clear that it's Jesus plus nothing, so, there is no place for Ecumenism. We are either part of the true church, or we are not, and those in the true church have nothing to gain from just accepting the false teachings of others who are not. While we need to try to reach those who are lost with the gospel, including those who think they are saved, we should never tolerate their corrupted view of the Bible. We need to point it out and try to help them understand the real Gospel and the truth of the Bible, but worshiping with them should never be an option. Sorry for the tangent, but it is somewhat relevant.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Amen to that. It is going to come to a point where folks in this country will have to take a look at who is and is not given support of the constitution to exercise their 1st amendment rights. This day and age it looks like those who believe the gospel as the one way to be made right with God will be getting more and more of the short end of the stick. Studying the prophetic passages related to the end times is exciting but there are no promises that those who live it will have it easy. My take on Islam is that it is the perfect religion for a one world gov't. Look how folks are calling it the religion of peace and tolerance while they are whipping up the 'kill the infidels' rhetoric.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just heard on the local Christian radio station that he cancelled it because the Imam for the Ground Zero mosque agreed to move it to a different location, and now the Pastor is going there Saturday to meet with the Imam. :roll:

UPDATE:

Not sure what is was that I heard on the radio, maybe it was just someone's wishful thinking, but according to Newswatch from CBN, it looks like it's still on, and the Imam is not backing down from the Ground Zero site.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:36 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

So we are back to normal on being careful of radical muslims who want to hurt Americans. OK, been there, done that.
You know, the goofy part of it is that in the Middle East and Central Asia many muslims are turning to Christ. There is a work of the Holy Spirit unlike has been seen there in many centuries. Folks are having dreams and visions that they need to understand or find Jesus and they are looking at the Bible and finding truth. These are great times to live in but not easy for those ones who step away from Islam and grab on to Jesus. Lots of persecution will come on them and they know it.

I don't know what will or won't happen in Gainesville but I pray that God will make it an open door for the gospel to reach out into those places on the earth where ears and hearts have been shut to it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The only way to the Father is through the Son.
Most of the worlds religions would not want to hear this, but it is true.
People must make a change in their lives and accept Jesus Christ as their savior.
Spreading hate is not the way to change peoples hearts. We must Love as Jesus Loved.
I know that it is hard to love people who want Americans to die, but what do you think Jesus would tell us to do?

Love'em Like Jesus!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Who says burning a Koran is spreading hate? If a Pastor preaches against homsexulality, or any other kind of sin, is that also spreading hate? That's the problem with Liberal Theolgy: Just preach God's love, and neglect God's wrath. Preach prosperity and happiness, and neglect God's judgement and Christian persecution. Then we wonder why people don't take us seriously. We need to stand for what is right, regardless of what others think.

Think about when Jesus drove the animals (and those selling them) out of the temple, and overturned the money changers tables. He actually took the time to make a whip. He was angry, and stood up for what was right. Did he love them? Of course, God loves everyone, but his actions, as observed by mere humans, didn't look like he was showing them love did it? Think about it.

Profile  WWW