CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Looking Up for Help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

First of all, I would just like to say that I am technology challenged on the GPS; but I had a young hunting friend that was very good with one. One night three of us went huntin', to old hunters and the young one with his GPS.
The dogs treed about a quarter of mile off a log road we were huntin' down. Right at the edge there was a big 40 acre duck slough. About the time we got to the tree the other older man's light started going out. I was thinking to myself, we need to make it back to that log road before his light goes out. As we turned to leave the young hunter said,"Hey, you're going the wrong way", because he had not set a way point when we first started out on the log road, but he did have the truck marked. By using the stars me and the other old man started back to the truck, one with a dim light and me with the good light. The young 'en with his GPS started across that 40 acre duck slough. After we had been at the truck for a few minutes, we got a phone call. In the middle of that duck slough, in 28 degree weather, waist deep water, that GPS quit working. The young 'en was saying I'm calling my wife to tell her I love her, and fellers I have enjoyed hunting with you; he was reading his last rites. The other man handed me his cell phone and I begin to try to talk that young man out of that duck slough and give him directions. I told him to look up and find the little dipper and somewhere kinda in behind it is the seven stars and the tail of that seventh star points south. He in a trembling voice said he had never learned how to read a compass or how to read the stars. I walked back down the log road with my two hounds and took my huntin coat off and threw that coat and squawled. Those hounds started barking, about thirty minutes later, here came the young 'en with hip boots full of water, britches frozen and looking like a whipped pup.

The moral of this story is, the things that you hold dear, that you rely on that are made by man's hand will sometime in life fail you. But those things that are made by God's hand, including His precious promises, will never fail you. Keep looking up.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Looking Up for Help
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:49 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thank you for that stories,

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW