PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:00 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

do yall think we will coon hunt in heaven

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: heaven
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We will be having too great of a time rejoicing with Jesus that we won't even care about anything else... Think about it: If you could worship in God's presence all day or coon hunt which would you prefer? Personally I would stick to rejoicing with Jesus, I love hunting but getting to see Jesus's face and carry on conversations with him, I would be in "heaven". I can't wait until that blessed day in which I am called to meet with Jesus face to face and sing the good news with my brothers and sisters in Christ who have been called before me! Here's a question for you... Will he be rejoicing in our presence as much as we will be rejoicing in his? In other words are we living a life that is pleasing unto him at all times or just some of the time...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:45 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i would rather praise Jesus my self i was just wonderin what other people thought i agree with u

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:19 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

What if we think about praise in another way? Do any of you remember times working along side or hunting or fishing with a favorite uncle or grandpa or one of your other loved ones? Being with that one person who made everything you did feel like the best time ever? Time flew by when you were with that person and you looked forward to do any activity as long as it was with him or her? If they needed a helper to shovel out a hog pen you would raise your hand because they made any thing fun. Did you ever have someone like that in your life.
What if being in the presence of Jesus is like that only at the most highest and perfect level? If we are walking and living with Jesus in our life right now we could be praising him singing and fishing at the same time or hunting or even when we are working at our jobs. It would not matter what we were doing, we would be praising Jesus while we are doing it. If we really figure out that He is always with us if we call Him our Savior and Lord He is just as much with us as we will be with Him in heaven. "Colossians 3:17-And whatever you do in word or deed do all in the name of the Lord, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

I think that it will make sense to us in heaven since here in this world we struggle so much to live conscious of Jesus presence with us as we go through the day. Part of me is also thinking I won't get tired of being with Jesus but if all we are going to do is stand around and sing forever, that might end up being a long time, could it be that there will be other things to actually do? Can we sing and do those things also? Or hum? If heaven is just a cloud choir that sounds boring thinking about it from this side of the veil. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it will be a boring place. I just think we tend to paint in the details sometimes in a way that follows a cultural stereotype...angels wings and white robes and clouds with those little harp things......you know the idea?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

While you have made valid points, it says in the Bible that we won't have any prior relationships comin to the forefront once we enter those pearly gates. If you are married for 60 years on Earth that has no correlation when you walk the streets of gold. It also says in the Bible that thousands of years on Earth are only one day in Heaven. Besides all creatures have to openly accept Jesus as Lord in order to enter into the Kingdom. John 14:6 puts it blatantly in our face that He is the only way and no "man" comes unto the Father except through him. If you are worried about becoming tired while in the Holy presence of the Lord, think about the scripture (I can't remember the exact scripture but I would be more than happy to look it up! :D ) that says when we enter into the Kingdom things of old will be of the past and things of new will become extravagant. There is no way to be tired in Heaven because noone sleeps in Heaven, it is a continuous rejoicing period with our Lord and Savior that lasts an eternity!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 am 
IP:
dosent it say that all creatures will return to the dust of the earth?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:46 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

[quote="Backwoods Blue Boy"]While you have made valid points, it says in the Bible that we won't have any prior relationships comin to the forefront once we enter those pearly gates. If you are married for 60 years on Earth......"
What I was getting at was comparing our best earthly relationships to what being with Jesus is and will be like. I don't think we will have any sadness or feel any losses of those we knew and loved on earth. Even those best earthly relationships won't compare in any way to being face to face with Jesus. I know when I get to heaven whatever Jesus has planned for each day or million years of eternity will be more than OK with me. From this side of the equation if I stand and sing for more than an hour I get plum tuckered out..and I like to sing. Part of it is it is hard to imagine or understand what eternity can be like since right now we either have to much time on our hands or to little depending on what we are doing. In a place where time is not measured or matters we will do fine but from this side it sounds like it could get to be a lot of thumb twiddling.....at least I think that is the worry some folks have. As far as us returning to dust that is what God used to form us but the part of us that lasts is made of supernatural stuff, soul stuff...whatever that is. In heaven we will have some kind of form but we will be made from new stuff of God's choosing and I got no idea what He will make us look like. Some of these ideas of mine are pure out of my own thoughts so I won't tag a Bible reference to it. We know some about heaven but the Bible leaves us lots of room to wonder and all the preachers I ever heard preach about heaven sure agreed that there are mysteries there beyond our imagination. Good topic to talk on....gets me excited about whenever that day comes for me to go there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Amen to that! I agree with the return to the dust of the Earth because the only thing that returns is the part that was made of the dust, which is the flesh. The flesh has no relevance to Heaven only the spirit... And I also can't wait to see Jesus face to face and be with him for eternity!!!! I just hope each of you are ready as well! I feel that the end of time is quickly approaching and that God looks down each day and shakes his head in disappointment at how our world as a whole is going...