CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: is drinking a sin?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well said plotten!!! Lol

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

It's only a sin if you are wearing rubber boots, overalls and holding up two dead muskrats while wearing a black hat, otherwise not.

Man, this old thread keeps going don't it. How you been CHB? Snow up your way yet? The marsh is freezing up here by our house, 10F or colder tonight. Starting to use the propane now at night.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Wow! As a pastor i preach tolerance ! For Christ came to save the world not condemn it ! With that said I often think we do His kingdom more harm than good by getting into these discussion. To often we want to be like Jonah preach the word go sit on hilltop and watch nineveh destroy itself . For one to know right from wrong and do wrong unto him it is a sin. Our bodies are the temple of God and the Holy Spirit loves and lives inside us! Preach the cross and allow Jesus himself to convict . All we do by arguing points like this is tell the world come join us and all the confusion that goes along with {our}[doctrines] ! Jesus is the only way to heaven and we are not the only way to Jesus let each person make up their on mind on issues that divide and allow the Holy Spirit to do condemning! My final thought on this matter is that often with many types of sin ,is that we try to justify our actions ourselves so we can live with them ! Calvary settled all guestions old and new and all of us were the reason . He had a crown on his head , a timber on his back , and us on his mind ;Glory to the lamb. Ask yourself WWJD its old but works .

Merry Christmas
Your Brother in Christ
David Bohannon
Soldier in the Lord

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

willseeyalater wrote:
It's only a sin if you are wearing rubber boots, overalls and holding up two dead muskrats while wearing a black hat, otherwise not.

Man, this old thread keeps going don't it. How you been CHB? Snow up your way yet? The marsh is freezing up here by our house, 10F or colder tonight. Starting to use the propane now at night.

Lol. I'm doin alright. We had a bit of snow and freeze up but it's gone now. Today it's 50 and raining. Gonna be a wet miserable one on the line today. I hope all is going well for you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Yes sir, our family is dong fine here, winter is backing off again, it is 40F on the gauge outside, beavers are back this side of the marsh cutting poplar again after it was iced over last week. I may get out and do some rabbit hunting here as December hopefully lets us slow down some. A buddy at work wants to get his boy out and my youngest wants to also. At this point in my life I guess I got this far without the added complications of drinking but I tease my wife that I am going to start smoking a pipe when I turn 90. She said, "NO you are NOT" and I said well you better be there to try and stop me. LOL Got to keep her on her toes you know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

coonscry wrote:
I haven't had a drink in 10 years so take this with a grain of salt.

I've heard preachers preach alot of things based on VERY loose interpretations. It takes more than one drink to be a drunk, unless it were a small child maybe. That's a fact. So it doesn't matter what analogy that preacher used, it's wrong. The problem is this. It alienates people based on a false pretense. I believe that the wine Jesus drank wasn't grape juice but actual wine. There is plenty of research to show that there are many health benefits from lite drinking. So to scorn people for drinking is just as bad of a sin. Life is hard enough with out making up extra rules. All of that said, VERY few people can handle drinking with out being a drunk. Myself included. So I don't drink. Preachers that stray from the bible and get caught up in cliches` and stories are doing themselves and their congregation a disservice. Stick with what the bible says and it'll be ok. BTW, how many of those preachers who condemn all drinking are overweight from GLUTONY? A sin specifically mentioned in the bible.

Really? A sin specifically mentioned in the bible! Stay away from Strong Drank! That is specifically mentioned in the bible, people that say its not a sin to drink just a little bit are just trying to make it seem right! no matter how you look at it. Its a sin! Quit trying to bend the bible to make it fit your life! you need to bend for the bible! may the lord be with you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

My church uses wine for Communion and they have Communion every week. The Priest drinks what's left in the cup at the end. I guess he and the whole congregation will be going to Hell for that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Jef Futscher wrote:
My church uses wine for Communion and they have Communion every week. The Priest drinks what's left in the cup at the end. I guess he and the whole congregation will be going to Hell for that?

Is it actually wine or grape juice? this could be heavily debated just because your catholic and im baptist. In my heart no one sin is really worst than the other.. you will pay for them and go to hell wether you drank, cussed or commited murder. to me sin is sin, so ya i believe your congregration and your priest isnt living right. But really its not up to me to judge. Youll be judged one day, and the lord is going to do what good judges do. He doest care about all the good you did. all the matters is if you gave your life to him and confessed your sins. If your drinking wine and think thats its ok then i would suggest you read your bible and fast never know how many days you got left to live

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:40 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Lol. Yes it's wine goofy. I think I'd know the difference. Lol. And I'm not catholic, it's an Episcopal Church. I was raised in a Luthern Church. And every church I've ever attended used WINE for communion. I could be wrong Brother but you sound like the arrogant "better than you Christian" that keeps people away from churches.
And you are correct a sin is a sin but I'm pretty sure wine for communion isn't one!
And maybe you missed the part where Jesus broke bread with sinners and were ALL sinners. PERIOD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have read through this thread..and here are my beliefs..1. What was the first miracle Jesus did?..He turned water into wine at the wedding..And I know that a lot will say" It was grape juice..But if you really read that passage, what was said after the guests tasted the wine?..They said in essence that the best wine was served first then the wine that wasn't as good served last..But that they had done opposite of this and saved the best wine for last..If it was grape juice, why would that statement even be made?..Grape juice is grape juice...Also Paul said a little wine is good for the stomach..Also what did Jesus say..That it isn't what goes in a man that defiles him, but what comes out...

I said all of that to say this..Drinking in of itself isn't a sin unless you can't control it and you become drunk..not buzzed but drunk..And if anyone has ever been truly drunk they will relate, because when you are drunk..You don't know what you are doing and when you are sobered again..you don't remember what you did..That's when sin becomes drinking..But just like with food..food and eating in itself isn't a sin..But if you become a glutton..Then that is a sin..

Anyways..just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am a baptist and I agree with you Bama very well put

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

snsstablesandkennels wrote:
I am a baptist and I agree with you Bama very well put

I am also of the baptist doctrinal belief :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:30 pm 
IP:
All of the scripture that i have read suggest being drunk is a sin. I say that to say this the majority of drinking turns into something more than a beer or glass of wine. For me what started out as a beer as a teenager or in college turned into a sinful habit. It nearly cost me everything. I continue to deal with the devil's temptation everyday, but with prayer and a commitment to stop a deadly habit i have quit. I guess what i'm saying is that if you play with fire long enough your gonna get burnt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have never been one to drink to get drunk or buzzed..I have never been one to"drown my sorrows"..I love the taste of a cold beer on a hot day..I also love drinking jack and coke while watching a ball game on tv..But I am not condoning getting sloppy drunk..And if you have problems controlling it, then don't start back drinking..I just don't think it is right to condemn everyone by the same standard..when I have never read that drinking a beer, or a glass of wine is a sin...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 pm 
IP:
Bama i was not being judgmental toward social drinking. If you can drink as you say good for you. i am speaking of situations where people drink to get drunk. i didn't drink to drown sorrows either i was the life of the party type. i am just saying that when i drank i was one who didn't stop at one beer, and that is wrong. this all started by drinking one beer every once in a while with friends. so please don't think that i am being judgemental toward you or anybody else. i just know what i have seen with my life and others around me, and all i am saying it's not to let a hobby become a habit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next