CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I was wondering what you fellows think on this matter.After we die do will go to a place of rest and not know anything or will we go to a place as spririts and know everthing.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:48 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

There's a lot of ways that people have said what life after death is like. I will stick with the Bible's teaching on the topic. Our souls will continue on after our bodies die. Those who die in a condition of being unredeemed will spend an eternity in torment and separated from God. Those who have acknowledged to God that they are sinners and need to be forgiven and their sin debt paid in full through the gift of salvation by Jesus' death and resurrection will spend eternity in heaven with full blessing and connection with God. That's where I have all my chips stacked and they ain't moving.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks!I agree with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

On this subject I have something for yal to think about. When Jesus was on the cross he told one of the thiefs that he would be goin to paradise with him. In rev. it says when Jesus first comes back the first thing he does is takes the dead. So if he is takin the dead durring the rapture, then we must still be here after death. But what about the thief Jesus to him to paradise with him. Pretty confusing stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The way you are looking at the word "dead" is not the same way it is meant in Revelations... We as Christians are called to be dead to the world and not concern ourselves with worldly things, we are to live a life like Jesus even though He knows we will fall short everyday He still loves us! The moment you take your last breathe you enter into a kingdom that is more beautiful than anything you could imagine on this Earth. Its not confusing if you break it down and reference other scriptures, it's not as simple as reading; in order to grow deeper spiritually you must RESEARCH, then you truly begin to think like a disciple that we have all been called to be!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:58 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

The clocks stop once your body dies. Time is only useful to us in this life..seconds, minutes, hours, days, nights, weeks, years. So if we wait for resurrection day or are taken to heaven in an instant there is no real difference. Since time is only a factor that the living deal with in the spiritual world of heaven and eternity there is no one who will get there to late or to early. No one will feel that they have gotten to the party to early or to late. Do you understand what I am getting at? If grandpa died thirty years ago and grandma just died last week then grandpa wasn't sitting there counting the days, weeks and years until grandma showed up. More or less as best as I can understand they got there together since in heaven there is no time counted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

is there life after death

Yes!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Amen, willseeyalater

Very nicely said!