CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: End of time
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:45 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I know what it says in rev, but one of my wife friend got a post going on facebook saying it will be on may 21, 2011. she is saying the birds falling out of the sky and the weather is a sign of one of the seal being open. I can not find it any where in rev or the bible. I search online in kingjamesonline.com. do any body know what she is talking about.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: End of time
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Isaiah chpr. 49 and Math. chpr. 24 provide answers to. We are told to beware of "false prophets" and I think this qualifies. Everthing like this should be tested against the word of God.....the Bible.

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:59 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

There's a few things I know for sure about when Jesus is returning.

It wasn't yesterday, that's for sure.

It might be tomorrow, unless He comes sooner.

His followers have been seeing signs of His return since just a little bit after He went up. Sounds like seeing a storm coming..you know for sure it is going to rain and lightning but no one can tell you exactly when you will get wet or electrocuted.

Stay ready, keep faithful and tell everyone who will listen about the gospel of salvation and don't get tied in to those setting dates....usually they are elevating themselves for some purpose.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Peter thought that the end of time was near not long after Jesus's return to Heaven, and no matter what people may think it is just as previously stated: "It will come as a thief in the night!" Noone knows but you better be prepared!!! I know I am!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

azmuddawg has it exactly right just one more thing, NOT even JESUS knows the time or date. The Faher alone knows the time and date so you know noone else could possibly know if His one and only Son doesn't know. I can't wait for every knee to bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yeah, he's got it ALL WRONG; the real date is 12-21-2012........just kidding....

God is not the author of confusion. Yes, some of symbolic stuff may be hard to understand, but anytime someone starts talking about "hidden truths" of the Bible, or "new revelations", it's time do what they did in Monthy Python's Quest for the Holy Grail: "Run Away!!", or better yet, reprove them using the Word of God. However, that requires we "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (II Tim. 2:15 KJV). and "[...] be ready always to give an answer [...] (i Peter 3:15, KJV).

In Christ

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

as a minister i can tell you that your answer is in the bible. when ever i need answer i go to the lord in prayer and seek his consale. in matthew 24 v 35- 36 says HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL PASS AWAY, BUT MY WORDS WILL BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY.
(36) BUT OF THAT DAY AND HOUR NO ONE KNOWS, NOT EVEN THE ANGELS OF HEAVEN, BUT MY FATHER ONLY. (nkj) VERSION.

SO YOU SEE NO ONE WILL KNOW THE DAY OR THE HOUR. REMEMBER THE TRUTH WILL STAND STILL AS THE EARTH IS ON FIRE. GET gOD IN YOUR LIFE AND NOTHING ELSE WILL MATTER. GOD BLESS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. JUST FOUND THIS SIGHT AND REALLY LIKE IT. PEOPLE GIVING ALOT OF GOOD INFO. HUNTERS NEED MORE LIKE THIS AND GET KIDS INTO IT.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:38 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

scott03 wrote:
GOD BLESS YOU ALL. JUST FOUND THIS SIGHT AND REALLY LIKE IT. PEOPLE GIVING ALOT OF GOOD INFO. HUNTERS NEED MORE LIKE THIS AND GET KIDS INTO IT.

welcome and GOD BLESS. feel free to ask or post your opinions.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:19 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I was talking to a pastor friend the other day on this topic and we came to one conclusion. Jesus warned us that we would face many trials and that some would hate us because of following him. All through the history of the church there have been times and places where the ones who follow Jesus were persecuted, forced to suffer and some cases killed. In China, Russia and other communist countries Christians have suffered in recent years and most likely still are. Is the tribulation a future event or an ongoing one? My guess is that it began back in the Acts church days with the apostles being killed most all of them and has been going on all along but will someday get worse before Jesus returns to establish his earthly rule. Will the church be raptured before? I don't know. It doesn't really matter does it? If we are called to remain faithful no matter what that is what we need to be ready to do. Stick with what you know, if I am a branch grafted into the vine then I am supposed to remain in the vine. Bear fruit like a good branch is what I am supposed to do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Amen!!! We need to be ready and if we are it won't make any difference!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:54 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

changed of subject: how many of you all look at the religious back ground in our politician and how they vote and carries them self. I know it says to keep church and state separated. but in my opinion this mean not to force their views down anybody throat. so what do you all think.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:17 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I have a lot of respect for committed Christians who serve as elected officials and try to support them but even more when they are serious public servants and have all the skills and background needed. I get nervous with poorly prepared Christians using their faith to get into an office and then don't have the rest of the package to lead and do business. They have to be qualified to get my vote. If not I would vote for the best of those running, moral and leadership qualities combined. I may have to hold my nose at times but God can use whoever is elected and I am instructed to pray for them that they govern us well.

To put it another way, if I need an accountant I would not hire them just based on if they are a Christian. They need to be able to do the job and take care of my taxes or business audit. If they mess up my financial spreadsheet it won't matter to me if they supported the moral and spiritual views I do. Now if they can do an excellent job at the business side and are a brother or sister in the Lord that is a plus.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I do think things are looking like he could come any time, but that is for God to decide. He sends this time of tribulation in the bible to get as many people to see him for who He really is the One in charge. Till he calls me home or the earth ends I know we are called to witness and so much more when we see the time approaching. Let the Lord find me working for him when He comes.