CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

to understand how science can actually prove the bible you have to study all the history of biblical times the book of job for example there is no answer as to when it was written but it speaks of the behemoth and the leviathan some secular scollars argue that they are a croc or a hippo but listen to job discribe them it dont sound like either one and over in 2 peter peter says a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day with God and what proof has science offered for the time line they have because no one has proof that carbon dating is accurate
remember to stay in church and stay in the word of God it is easy to doubt something that you dont study e mail me if you have any other questions possum.56@hotmail.com i am a preacher and i will try to answer your questions as best i can

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Man there are some really good points here. Here is a point to ponder. How was the earth aged? Most use carbon dating. So how was carbon dating developed. Well they couldnt actually know how old a rock was so they developed an aging algorhytmn nd developed aging off of this. So all of our means to date things is based upon an idea of how old they think something is. Basically there is no pure science that can date anything. This is because you have to have a definitive measure, ie this rock was formed on 8-24-11 nd then take your readings over a time period of 1-2 million years over a large sample size, analyze data, develop graphs ....... Well u get the point. Darwin saw that evolution was incorrect and moved to adaptation prior to his death. Why others cant move on i dont know. Adaptation states that animals will adapt to their environment. Frogs may change colors, change size, but they will always be frogs. A good all around book on using science to prove the Bible is "i dont have enough faith to be an athiest" which proves it takes more faith to not believe in God then it does to believe in him. It breaks down why should you believe, how to use the scientific process to prove God, the Bible, Jesus lived, and Jesus is who He said He was. But usually if you want to argue with someone on carbon dating just ask how they developed the aging process. They took a rock they said was x millions year old nd then used it to date it to that point. Then they used carbon dating to prove that rock was indeed x millions of years old. That would be like saying the sky was green, then setting up a color measuring machine to where green was the color of the sky nd defining all things green based on results from that machine. But the only problem would be was your base that you are comparing was not properly defined as blue is not green. But now you have an inaccurate measuring device. That is what has happened with carbon dating. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:38 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I believe God created everything with age. Adam was fully grown when God created him, and so was Eve. The animal world was grown when God created them. Therefore, when we look at the age of earth, planets, the seas, and everything else, God created it with age.

When science looks at the age of things, and they say something is a billion years old, that makes no difference God created everything with age in the beginning.

Last edited by actionpackennels on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

actionpackennels wrote:
I believe God created everything with age. Adam was fully grown when God created him, and so was Eve. The animal world was grown when God created them. Therefore, when we look at the age of earth, planets, the seas, and everything else, God created it with age.

When science looks at the age of things, and they say something is a billion years old, that makes no difference God created everything with age in the beginning.

Check out new website:
http://www.jesusatcalvary.webs.com

That's about the best way to understand it. A God who can create the universe would not be challenged to make it look like it had been here awhile so all His creation hit the ground running in a world all set up for them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

jhurst
Just read your post. I too had some of the same misunderstandings as you are having. The greatest peace I can find on this matter seems to lie between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis chapter 1. First, you have to go back to the war in heaven between Satan and his angels and God. God, being victorious, cast Satan and his angels out of heaven.
Now, Satan was already on the earth and tempted Eve in the Garden.
The question being; How long was he here before the creation of man and the tempting?
Our Holy Word starts out telling us that God created the heavens and the earth and that the earth was void. Does it seem that God would create anything that was empty, useless and waste? This is the meaning of the word void.
What happened on planet earth that made it this way? Was there a
pre-adamite civilization here between verses 1 and 2? Was this the time frame that these pre-historic creatures roamed the earth? We know archeologist have found remains of cave men and animals which the Bible doesn't shed much light on. We know they were here but we do not have anything concrete as to when.
Additionally, who knows how many years could have passed in this time frame.
Now, let me say this. This is also theory just as is the other posts to your question.

Your Brother in Christ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Couldn't resist jumpin' in on this one...Proverbs 9:10 says something like..."The fear of the Lord is the begnning wisdom and the knowlege of the Holy One is understanding..." We have all probably wrestled with these issues. I'm probably a sorry excuse for a Christian but I,m a tryin...Regarding science, I can tell you this...what is today's dogma and fact is frequently discounted tomorrow... I'm a health care professional. I have a science background, some of my folks were raving athiests. I went that way for awhile after getting involved with an almost cult-like fundamentalist church as a teenager in a little southwestern border town and finding out that for all their rules they were less moral than the drunks. I won't go into how I swung back but I beleive in creation just the way it's described...there's no doubt that things have been evolving since then...but maybe it hasn't taken as long as they are claiming... the Tsunami caused enough of a shift to mess with the time a little. There was a study done in Russia with wild foxes..They found with selective breeding they were able to produce very gentle, tamable vari-colored foxes in less than 10 years...I worked in a prison for a couple of years. I was starting an exam on one of the gang-banger inmates when it hit me. This guy had the same sloping forehead, course eyebrows and features of the Cro-Magnon. Certainly not much smarter. They walk among us! In the many years I've been in practice, this year's wonder-drug is next year's bad drug. We won't understand it all till the sweet bye and bye. Can't tell anyone else what to do or think, we all have more questions than answers, but what seems to help me is just to trust the Lord, and try to look to him for guidance and wait on Him....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

1 corinthians 3:18
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, HE TAKETH THE WISE IN THEIR OWN CRAFTINESS.
20 And again, THE LORD KNOWETH THE THOUGHTS OF THE WISE, THAT THEY ARE VAIN.

HOSEA 4:6
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

best i got for ya buddy. good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the best i can tell, the men writeing the bible(led by the holy spirit) were not concerned with the world and didnt shed light on the questions that us later educated folks would be asking. They were more concerned about the spiritual self and protecting ourselves from the firey darts of the devil. PUT ON YOUR ARMOR! EPHESIANS 6:11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

To begin with, I'm not sure I would call the multi-billion year age estimate of the earth accurate. We'll get into a few of the inconsistencies the scientists routinely overlook or hide from public consumption. From a non-Christian standpoint, they do this for very good reasons. Just follow the money. Most of them get government grants or are supported by universities. Conducting research that even supports (not proves) the idea that God created the universe is a great way to lose your funding because of the non-existent, but still very powerful, wall of separation between church and state. All someone has to do is CLAIM (not prove) that you are using government money (that's where the universities get at least some of their money from, either directly or indirectly) to establish that God exists and created the universe, and your funding dries up immediately. They don't even have to be right, just loud. You've just tried to use government money to establish a religion. Goodbye. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Go directly to the bin where they throw everyone who might show that there IS a God and we are accountable to Him. Nobody (non-Christian, that is) wants that. That's obviously only one reason people are dishonest about this whole thing. Sometimes it's just because they don't want to face the idea of God, so they shout everything related to Him down so they don't have to deal with it. Yet. Sometimes they're not being dishonest at all, but completely believe what they say.
Reasons aside, here are a few of the things they don't tell Joe Average. They tell people to think, but what they don't tell people is that they also tell them WHAT to think, by not telling them everything there is to think about.
I've been looking at this and have found some good pages on it. I'll post the links. There are going to be repeats, but I'm sure everyone will figure them out. These pages go into things like carbon14 dating and radiometric dating, both of which either have serious flaws or directly contradict each other in cases. They also use examples of recent things happening which could be extremely inconvenient for the evolutionist, or downright impossible to explain. Such as the 165 million year old ammonites found in England with the organic ligaments still attached and still possessing the mother of pearl sheen in some cases.
I just tried to post a link, and I can't. It says not enough storage space to process this command. Wonderful. Oh, well. Google isn't hard to use. If you actually want to know about these things, you can.
http://www.earthage.org/youngearthev/ev ... th.htm#165 million year old surprise:
Too much typing. I'm not doing that again. You're back to googling stuff. :)
How about the mitochondrial evidence for Eve? The scientists claimed the mitochondrial dna showed we all came from a single female ancestor, about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Then they realized that the mitochondrial mutations were happening about 20 times faster than they thought, which made Eve only 5,000 or 10,000 years old.
How about the helium counts in zircons? Directly contradictory to the long age claimed by radiometric dating methods, which are based on guesses and assumptions, since they do not meet the scientific standard to be called fact. Radiometric dating is done on volcanic types of rocks, but radiometric dating is wildly inaccurate when the sample has been subjected to heat contamination. There are several other problems with it, as well. Check the sire I typed in just below here to see them. A volcano in Hawaii erupted in 1800 and 1801. The radiometric dates came back all over the place. Up to 2.96 billion years. Here's a site that can explain it much better than I. I'll type one more site address. http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/Radiometric Dating and the Age of the Earth.htm
There are tables there showing the age discrepancies from several volcanoes based on depth of water at which the sample was taken. It's unreal, the variance they got.
There's a lot more out there, but it's late and the bed is calling me. This is a good starting point. Keep in mind, this doesn't even consider what the bible says. I've gone this route because of the nature of your question. We could also take the route of proving the divinity of Christ. Once His divinity is proved, His claims are automatically true, no matter how wild they seem, and you can believe them no matter what anyone tries to tell you, just based on your faith in who He is and what His nature is. you know, the whole "more than one way to skin cat" thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

That's a good read and well put.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 pm 
IP:
[quote="bsczar1"]One's worldview will determine how they interpret the data. Secular scientists and creation scientists have the same data, but each interprets it differently. Creation scientists see God in creation, whereas secular scientist do not. Looking at the world through the "lens of the Bible" will help you understand. The Bible is God's word. Either you believe that or you don't. There's no in between. If even one thing is wrong, then everything in it is suspect, including savlation through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Here are some quick facts:

*The average size of dinosaurs was about the size of a sheep.
*The Grand Canyon was formed by the Noahaic flood.
*Diamonds and coal, which are supposedly millions of years old, have traces of C14 in them, which is impossible in an old Earth. Carbon dating proves this.
*Fossils are often found in MULTIPLE strata layers-evidence of rapid burial-like what happened in the flood.
*Science is the study of God's creation.
*If the Earth is millions of years old, then death and suffering entered the world before sin, which contradicts the Bible that says death and suffering entered AFTER man sinned (Genesis 3:16-19).

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:17 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am 28 years old and was raised a Christian but lost my dad when i was 15 and my whole world turned upside down. I blamed him for all of it and denied him as my savior. I struggled with life and death for the better part of 10 years. I always felt him in my life but never thought he would allow things to turn out like they did. I got married and had 3 boys and realized the bond between father and son and it all started to click. The lord comes in your life all the time to refresh your memory, you just have to push that blabering devil out your way to see it. Back on creation. I work with a older man that i spoke with about my situation and he lent me a book to help me under stand. I can't remember the author off hand but the name of the book is " Battle of the Beginings"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

willseeyalater wrote:
I think you have to understand that God's word was given to us to reveal all that we need to know for God's redemptive plan, wisdom and salvation. When science tosses numbers out of millions and billions good for them but the Bible is not a science reference book even though it includes things that are facts of history and mystery(just saw that rhymes). Look at the years given for generations from Adam to Noah to Abraham to David to Jesus. Comes out to some 4000 years, give or take. If Genesis says the world and life was made in six days then Jesus later quotes that same thing, since he was there and is the Creator I will go with what he said. I know you aren't disputing who created but the timeline is the matter. In the supernatural side of reality time is in no way an issue but God added it to our natural world to help us keep track of things. No telling how supernatural "no time" compares to natural "time". It's like comparing unrelated items that seem to be similar....roosters to airplanes for example....both have wings but the first one won't get you to far and forget bringing your luggage. LOL

love your post. to many people trying to prove the bible wrong while at the same time telling there self (im trying to figure it out) if they would only get there harts right god would show them. if you will notice scientist call there study's (facts) so what are they calling the bible when it dont add up? if we will stick with what we know and not what we fill then there would be a lot less confusion.