All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I FOR GOT TO PUT THE LINK ON FRIST TIME http://shepherdschapel.com/
treetalkin wrote:
jhurst wrote:
I have no doubts who the creator is or who my savior is, but have been just trying to figure out the biblical time frame more in depth. It just wasn't adding up to me. It is not that I don't believe just that 2-4,00 yrs is different then millions, so is it that maybe a day in bibilical times is a year to an extent? Or the bible which is the word of God written down was written many years later than what was actually the case? There is many interpretations of the Bible as well and all tell different ways, I have been reviewing the Promise Keepers Mens study bible, It gives info in a vary different form from the KJV

GO TO THIS LINK YOU HAVE TO THIS LILISTEN FOR A WHILE AFTER THE BIBLE STUDY THERE IS A ?AND ANSWER SECTION PASTUR MURRY TAKES THE BIBLE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE

http://shepherdschapel.com/

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

While he does has a lot of good doctrine, Pastor Murray of Shepherds Chapel preaches the "gap theory", which is that the earth is millions of years old because there was a previous earth which the present earth was eventually formed from, and that it was inhabited by soulless humanoids and dinosaurs. Therefore death was in the world before sin, which is a direct contradiction to the Bible. This problem exists because people try to fit the Bible into man's fallible "knowledge" of the world instead of using God's infallible Word to guide our understanding of the world. Again, a difference of Secular versus Biblical worldviews. We need to look at what the Bible says, not what it doesn't say. Speculating and building a doctrine on what it doesn't say is the same as adding to the Bible. Do you agree?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Colossians 2:8)

In Christ,

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

tnridgernner how could God have killed the dinasours it says that he put all the animals of the land on the ark not just some

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

beast wrote:
tnridgernner how could God have killed the dinasours it says that he put all the animals of the land on the ark not just some

Read Genesis 6:17-7:4. He was to take two of every kind of unclean beast, and seven pairs of each kind (or sort) of clean beasts. Kinds would be like 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 cows, and etc. That does not mean two Blueticks, 2 Redbones, and 2 Poodles, but 2 dogs-period. Kind would be "dog", type would be specific breed. Same goes with cats, cows, and etc. He did not have to bring two of each type, but two of each kind. Does that make sense?

In Christ,

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I should have also mentioned that "dinosaurs" would have been included. As mentioned previously, the average size of dinosaurs was about the size of a sheep. Also, it would make sense that young animals would probably have been boarded. You wouldn't bring a full grown elephant, but a young one, which would have a better chance of successful procreating after the flood, and would fit easier on the ark.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

beast wrote:

What I am talking about is my opinion on this matter. You got to remember that in the time of Noah. There was in my opinion only humans over in the Middle East. And that the dinosaurs where alive at the same time over here and the north and south America region. No I do not have any proof of this. But as far as having every animal on earth in the ark, I don’t think they were. I think that it was the ones he wanted to be on it. If you ever studied science you will learn like it already been said that it would take a big flood or massive water to cover the animal or trees real fast so they will be preserve in the ground.

Now let me ask you this, do you believe that GOD has told us everything in the bible. I do not. I think he has told us what we need to know. Adam was the first man , human on earth, he was made the Shepard of all the living creatures on earth. they were no man before him. So the dinosaurs would have to be after he was made by our Lord GOD. The question is, do not doubt GOD by question him and his creation. Just have faith. You know only what he want you to know.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The problem that arises with this is quite simple: we take our personal opinions and "make" the Bible fit with them; whereas, we should take the Bible's views and make our opinions based on these views. While it is true that there is a vast amount of knowledge we don't have about prior life, that doesn't concern God. He doesn't care about your past He saved you from that. He wants you to perform His will in the present and on into the future and He will continue to bless you! The Bible can be seen as a "How to Live for Dummies". There is nothing to complex in that wonderful book. Think about it most Christians are young kids like myself (20 and younger)...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:31 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Backwoods Blue Boy wrote:
The problem that arises with this is quite simple: we take our personal opinions and "make" the Bible fit with them; whereas, we should take the Bible's views and make our opinions based on these views. While it is true that there is a vast amount of knowledge we don't have about prior life, that doesn't concern God. He doesn't care about your past He saved you from that. He wants you to perform His will in the present and on into the future and He will continue to bless you! The Bible can be seen as a "How to Live for Dummies". There is nothing to complex in that wonderful book. Think about it most Christians are young kids like myself (20 and younger)...

thank you bbb. I agree that every body can and will come up with their own opinion on the bible. and all that matters is where will we end up in the end. so GOD Bless you and every body on here. and I will see you on the other side.

boy don't that just bring a smile across your face when you think about getting up to heaven and as the song go. what a glory-is day that will be.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The thought that sends chills down my back everytime is I wonder what song Jesus will choose to sing as our "welcoming" song? The smile on my face is always there because soon enough we will all be outside of those pearly gates standing waiting to go inside and walk hand in hand singing praises all the time! If you weren't smiling before, you BETTER be now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:20 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

bsczar1 wrote:
While he does has a lot of good doctrine, Pastor Murray of Shepherds Chapel preaches the "gap theory", which is that the earth is millions of years old because there was a previous earth which the present earth was eventually formed from, and that it was inhabited by soulless humanoids and dinosaurs. Therefore death was in the world before sin, which is a direct contradiction to the Bible. This problem exists because people try to fit the Bible into man's fallible "knowledge" of the world instead of using God's infallible Word to guide our understanding of the world. Again, a difference of Secular versus Biblical worldviews. We need to look at what the Bible says, not what it doesn't say. Speculating and building a doctrine on what it doesn't say is the same as adding to the Bible. Do you agree?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Colossians 2:8)

In Christ,

PASTER MURRY GOES BACK TO THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS THROUGH THE STRONGS CONCORDANCE TRANSLATES WHAT IS SAID. HE DOSE NOT TEACH THAT THE EARTH WAS IN HABITED WITH SOULESS HUMANOID PEOPLE IT WAS ALL HIS CHILDREN THIER SPERITUAL BODYS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm not sure of what Bible you are reading for that "humanoid" forms but mine clearly states that in the beginning God created man in His own image and He was pleased. If you believe there were "humans" before this I can't help but wonder about your spiriruality. The only thing I can possibly correlate the "humanoids" to are the Angels of the Kingdom and why would they come to the Earth when they are in Heaven? The Angels that came to the Earth were here for a temporary stay...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Paul

Last edited by bigdog061 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey Waterway 56.......I seen a thing on t.v. about Mt. st. Helen also. They took some debris to some scientists and they said it was like 2 million years old. They knew for a fact that it was only like 3 years old!

Go to Les Feldicks website or watch him on t.v. That man knows the Bible!!!!!

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

treetalkin wrote:
PASTER MURRY GOES BACK TO THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS THROUGH THE STRONGS CONCORDANCE TRANSLATES WHAT IS SAID. HE DOSE NOT TEACH THAT THE EARTH WAS IN HABITED WITH SOULESS HUMANOID PEOPLE IT WAS ALL HIS CHILDREN THIER SPERITUAL BODYS

There are no originals, only copies. So, because I have a Strong's Concordance I can interpret the Bible better than someone else? I think not. It doesn't matter what I think it says, only what God meant when he said it. For example:

The boy hit the man with the stick.

Do I mean the boy used a stick to hit the man, or did the boy hit the man who had a stick? It doesn't matter what someone thinks it means, only what the author meant.

I cannot quote Murray, but I watched him every day when I first got saved, so I am familiar with what he teaches, and some of it is not Biblical. Soul-bodies is not Biblical. Gap theory believes in souless bodies, so maybe I got them mixed up, but Shepherd's view on an old earth is based on Gap theory. Here's a short article on it:

http://carm.org/did-we-exist-souls-prior-adams-creation

Here's one on Gap Theory:

http://creation.com/pre-adamic-man-were ... efore-adam

Do not accept what anyone tells you as absolute truth until you verify it for yourself in the Bible. I liked Pastor Murray, but some of what he taught didn't seem right, and after investiation I found he was wrong on some things. I want sound teaching, not half-sound teaching.

Be like the Bereans, search the scriptures. Use the internet to look at both (or all) sides of an issue, read the positions, pray for understanding, and look up the scriptures listed as evidence for each position. God will reveal the truth to you. Don't just blindly accept what any man tells you. Man is fallible, God and His Word are not.

In Christ,

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:18 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

It's interesting to me that there are two points in history that the Bible has teaching on, creation and the return of Christ/end times. One is the start of history and the other is the end of it. None of us has all the details figured out for either one but as the body of Christ we can agree that this world was created with a purpose in mind and one day that purpose will be fulfilled in God's plan of redemption of all who have believed in Jesus either anticipating Him as the messiah who was to come or the messiah who did come and now reigns in Heaven. Having our theology straight will make a world of difference for how we proclaim the gospel of Jesus but getting to divided in the church as to details on creation or the end times will take a seeker's eye off Jesus if we are not careful. In times past on here this topic spun off into the cattails as some hammered details and filled in the unknowable parts with theories. Careful not to go there, you don't know how that will turn a seeker away. If God's plan is to use our arguments in the church to reach the lost then it looks like that must not be working, at least around where I live.