CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

When I was younger I was in church every time the doors were open. I believed I was saved and I was babtized. After joining the army I started falling away from God and and hanging wirh the wrong type people. I started drinking and done a lot of things I wish I could go back and change. I eventualy had a kid out of wedlock and me and the mom are still together today. Recently we have gotten back in church are planning getting married. I started doin a lot of soul searching and realized that I'm lost. I have prayed till I was blue in the face and repented for everything I can think of but I feel like I'm not being heard anymore. I feel like that I have been away from God for so long that he finally gave up on me. I feel like I'm no longer worthy of his forgiveness, like I don't deserve it after the things I've done. I need help in a bad way and I don't know what to do. I need any advice that can be gave.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:37 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

If you are feeling this way I think that is a sign that your soul is alive in Christ and Satan wants to make you feel trapped again. Get your pastor and the elders or deacons(whatever your church has) to pray with and for you. If there are addictions and things that still have a hold in your life realize that you are declared righteous before God when you trust in Jesus to be your sin sacrifice. We can't pay that debt ourselves but Jesus paid it once and once for all who will trust in Him to be the debt payer for them. Our souls are clean before God but we still have to live in this broken world in broken bodies so sin is still on us, around us but before God no longer in us. Jesus paid for all our sins past and future. Keep the fear of God before you, look deep at the ugliness of our sins, repent of sins you know of that are current and then move on trusting in the Holy Spirit to lead you out of temptation. You aren't resaved each time, just repent and thank God that you are one of His now. My boys sometimes sin but they will always be mine, I love them and they love me. I want them to be honest when they have done wrong, they don't always like that but they do not stop being my sons. You have been reborn through Christ, God is now your Father...He won't stop loving you or let you go. Ask godly men in your church to stand with you and pray for you according to the Bible. If you can't find men there who will do that find a church that has them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

You have been forgiven for all time by the blood of the lamb!!! Now forgive yourself and turn that burden over to Christ. You are a new person!!!!

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank yal for takin time to write, I really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:37 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the main thing you need to know is that you arent worthy of Gods forgiveness that is why it is called Grace it is the unmeritted favor of God now nobody can tell you if you are saved or if you are lost that is between you and God and if you are lost you cant get saved unless you come under conviction which means God will tell you when it is time you will feel like hell is waiting outside your door it will be the scariest thing in your life now if that has happened and you still dont think God is listening then God is trying to have you step out on faith you have to be willing to give everything to God your entire life and trust in him so much that if you go to hell you would go trusting in God trust me he wants you in heaven its not Gods will that any should perish but that all should come to repentance if you need anything e mail me at possum.56@hotmail.com i will be praying for you dont give up

God bless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:43 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

will keep you in our prays.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

good reading! Prayers going up.....

GRNITECH GRCH HARDING'S ACE
pr' HARDING'S HARDWOOD KAT
pr' HARDING'S HIGH FIVE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just the simple fact that you are reaching out to others to pray and lead you implies that you are either saved or soon to be saved. Its all about a family we are each your brothers/sisters in Christ and no matter what the need is, we are here for you! Jesus LOVES you more every second than you could possibly imagine, He loved so much He died for your and my sins. He doesn't pay attention to your past transgressions, He saved you from those, He cares about how you are going to be a walking testament of His Grace and Kingdom. Remember just carrying the name of Christian around isn't enough, you have to be a missionary of the Word so we can lead others to His majestic Kingdom. Keep praying my friend and He will surely reveal Himself to you and that very instant your whole world will be changed! I will be praying for you and your new walk with Christ!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Folks I appreciate all the prayers. I have been saved since I wrote the post and my life has done a 180. Me and my ol lady will be gettin married match 5 because of it. There is no more running around drinking or anything, heck I even stopped smoking. This is the first time in my life I have ever been completly at peace, like a thousand pounds has been lifted off of me. I know this is just the beginning though, there is alot of work to do and there will be temptation along the way. Thanks everyone and God bless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:43 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hallelujah, the miracle of grace can change things in a moment that had us trapped for a lifetime. Keep depending on Jesus whether in big or little things. He is life to us, on our own we are sheep wandering around. Stay close to Jesus in prayer and reading the Bible. The Holy Spirit will always nudge you to follow the Good Shepherd, keep doing it. Joshua 1:9 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to give you hope and a future, plans to prosper you and not to destroy you."