CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: need advise.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:44 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I hate having to make all of the hard decisions. I am the only deacon at our church. Lately our pastor has not been showing up. His wife has had back surgery. So he missed to stay home with her. Well he has been in since last august. He probably missed about half of it. So after him mission the last 3 weeks. I finely called him and ask him to step down and be with his family. That we will put him back in as a assistant pastor. I told him that this will take all the pressure off of him so he can stay with them. I feel really bad about doing it. I did not go and talk behind his back to the other members. I don’t know if I made the right decision or not. Please pray for me and him. I know he is mad at me for doing it. But we need somebody who will be there. We only have service one time on Sunday. Thanks
Guys tell me if I was wrong or not. I do respect him and his family. thanks

p.s. Mel pm me or find me on facebook. I need to talk to you. GOD Bless.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: need advise.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:49 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

It definitely sounds like your intentions were/are good. Your church definitely needs for its pastor to be there.

I guess all I can really offer in the way of help is to pray for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thank you for your prayers. the one that was feeling in while our pastor was out was the old pastor. he step down because he had some health issue to take care of. now all that is done, and he is doing great. he told me he would like to take back over, but did not want to push our pastor out. I told him that he has already took over. lol. when I talk to our pastor. I told him all of this. I don't know. I am just trying to do what I feel is right for the church. I pray about it, and still feel the same. right on the decision, but hated to do what I did. thanks

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:29 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

If his duty as a husband is needing more time then he needs to attend to his family. It seems like Paul was clear on that in his lists of qualities of a church leader or deacon. How much does the church help out with the care of his wife? Maybe someone of the ladies could attend to her for some blocks of time so he has time for some of the duties of his ministry. I don't know what all he does and if he works a primary job and the pastoral ministry is a secondary one but the flock needs care there at the church and so does his family. Keeping him on as an assistant, was that a setback for him and did it make him feel like he has failed? Care for him has to be in your method of dealing with his role change. Sounds like this is a church with limited leadership as you said so you did right by being direct with him on it after having tried to give them time for her to recover. If she is disabled either the church folks step up to help so he can serve as pastor or he needs to step back and they still might need some help to care for her. Caring for a parent or spouse with chronic health needs is a major task, I'm sure this is something many folks have experience in and much practical help and grace sure is like a cup of cool water to a thirsty person when you get some help. Sure sounds like God's ever abounding grace needs to pour into this church situation. That's how I will pray it up brother TN Ridge.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:08 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks, they are more with him and his personal life. but that is all I will say. just keep us in your all prays.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

tonight the night we decide, please keep us all in your all prays. pray that we are doing GOD will. thanks

Profile  WWW