CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Storm
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:05 am 
IP:
Glory be to GOD who kept me and my family safe.We got a call last night that the tornado had hit in Glade Springs V.A where i work it destroyed two business's 1/4 mile from where I work and done some damages to our shop but we was'nt there.It was headind our way but I prayed to GOD ON HIGH and he let it go around us.So the glory be to HIM he deserves everything we can give him.I know some family's was'nt so lucky and our prayers go out to them.People need to wake up this thing is about over with GOD is not delaying his coming.Thanks to my PRECIOUS SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST who saved a wrecthed soul like mine and I lift HIM UP ABOVE (ALL) others blessed be his name. Singned Sincerly Greg

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: The Storm
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 pm 
IP:
A little strange how God kept you and your family safe and yet other families weren't so "lucky". This theory is a strange anomolly I see among some Christians, alot in my family as well. It strikes me as strange. The implication is that the people who were affected were somehow deserving of their destiny. Maybe they didn't pray enough or maybe they have the wrong "god'. Prayer is powefull and yet, if it's your time to go, it's your time. I can promise you that out of all of those people who were killed, some are in heaven and alot are in hell. It's sad but I can say with some certainty that most if not all were praying. I've been in bad storms like that and they are scary. This isn't an attack on you, I just wonder if YOUR house was destroyed would you be singing similar praises?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm 
IP:
You know it's funny how some people just like to argue i was just giving glory where glory was due and someone comes back with a smart remark i pray for people like this.Yes if my house was destroyed and i was still alive i would still praise GOD ON HIGH because he deserves it and i plan on going to heaven.If i had passed pn then it would have been god's will and no more worries here in this sinful world.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:30 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I have seen storms changed by prayer on two particular times. Once we were on out reach and this real nasty storm came barreling down on the farm house we were having Bible study in. We prayed and the worst of the storm just dissolved before us!! Another time a bad summer storm front was about to hit our area. I prayed desperatly and the storm again just weakened until know one in the area was affected adversely. Yes we serve an awsome God!!!
As to why prayers are not always answered, there are many "laws" in the Bible that determine the outcome of our prayers and I study and wish I understood better these factors.

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 am 
IP:
Thanks waterway56 at least some people understand and not try to argue against gods power

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 am 
IP:
Ashley Coe wrote:
Thanks waterway56 at least some people understand and not try to argue against gods power

Who argued against Gods power? How come it's Gods power that saved you but other people weren't "as lucky"? So you have Gods and everyone else has luck? Doesn't make sense. Why do people give God credit when good things happen and call it luck when bad things happen. I think all things happen for a reason.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:07 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Easy now, there's lots of emotion in the tragedy of these tornadoes. Go easy on each other. Yes, God is there when storms miss you and He is certainly there when you get it right between the eyes. Who knows how God's sovereignty works but when you know He spared you go ahead and praise Him at the top of your voice and when the bottom drops out and your time of tragedy and to grieve is on you keep calling His name, He still loves you, can still be trusted and there's no luck involved for those who know Him. Read over in Luke 6 about the wise and foolish builders, it's about more then who knows how to locate a house. The ability to survive hard times is based on having your life and family rooted in Jesus. A second truth in that parable is that storms of some kind hit everyone. It might be God lets you take a hit to turn you off of a path straying away from trusting Him or maybe He is going to use you to proclaim that God is more than enough even when are lives are shattered. I have been there folks and sure as can be so have many of you. Stick with the Lord like glue and we'll see each other around his throne some day..amen??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:30 pm 
IP:
That's right GOD let's everything happen for a reason that's why i praise him in the bad times just as much as the good i was just giving him glory where glory was due.GLORY BE TO HIM no matter what happens whether it be good or bad.JESUS is coming soon in ALL HIS GLORY look up for your redemption draweth nigh.BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:38 pm 
IP:
All I am saying is my wife's family had their home destroyed in Alabama. I can assure you that they were praying as hard as you and to pressumably the same God. Things happen for a reason.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

WE will be praying for your wife's family.Just think GOD for letting it do no more damage than it did could have been worse.GLORY TO HIS NAME.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

coonscry wrote:
Ashley Coe wrote:

Who argued against Gods power? How come it's Gods power that saved you but other people weren't "as lucky"? So you have Gods and everyone else has luck? Doesn't make sense. Why do people give God credit when good things happen and call it luck when bad things happen. I think all things happen for a reason.[/quoYes, there is a reason for it all!!!!! The Book of Job might answer some of you're questions. Also, I think of the Apostle Paul's thorn in the flesh, God said: My Grace is sufficient. I have been a diabetic for 31 years. I believe that God had to put a govenor on me or I would not be here today. I wasn't worth shooting, but for some reason or another, he had to get my attention. He did. So, you see, anything good is not the best thing that could happen. By reading God's word, all the answers can be known. My intentions and motives are nothing but to help.