CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: need ideals
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

my wife is trying to help out this christian ministry. it is ran by two woman that do not want any government help. the reason is so that the government cant tell them what to do or how to act. any way back to the question. my wife and the main woman is trying to come up with ideals to raise money in a fund raiser.
1. having a dog show, no titles, or papers. just for fun.
1. event will be for pure bred.
2. event will be for mix.
the ideal is so every one can enter and no politics. lol
I mention about a fishing torniment. give a trophies to the most fish, and biggest. that is all we got now.

so any body have any unique ideals. remember times are tough, so any ideals that don't involve a lot of money. and will be fun for every body. thanks and GOD Bless.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: need ideals
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

we are really needing some good ideals. does nobody have any. thanks

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I don't know how hard it would be to do, but have you thought about having a charity hunt? Make it open to any dog, registered or not and just pick one of the kennel clubs' rules to go by. Maybe see if you could give out some trophies for different place finishes.

What about a car/bike show?

Or if you know someone that has enough land, you might could try having a charity skeet/trap/sporting clays contest.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:23 pm 
IP:
you could have a treein contest a roll cage contest and maybe a water race. and charge like 5 dollars to enter your dog. we have a treein and roll cage contest and a hog bay contest. its really fun and they give out trophies. it wouldnt cost much you would just have to have run to park cars and have the contest. if you want more info on it just give me a hollar at 423 716 1149

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:51 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

they are some great ideals. but we are wanting every body in the county to have something to do. but thanks and keep up the good ideals.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:02 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

YOU COULD TRY A TURKEY SHOOT IM PREETY SURE EVERYBODY HAS A SHOTGUN CHARGE $5 TO ENTER SOME STORES WOULD EVEN DONATE THE TURKEYS OR SOMETHIN TO A CHURCH

'PR' EAST TN'S FIRST BLOOD (CO-OWNED WITH BOBBY TARLTON)
Taylor Holt
(423)302-8682

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:45 pm 
IP:
I think a fundraiser might be more successful if you found a way to include the entire community and not just the hunters.

When I was a kid there was a fundraiser my family attended. All the kids were called to bring their favorite pet for a "bench show." If they didn't have a pet they brought their favorite stuffed animal or GI Joe or whatever. Each kid got to pose with their "pet" for the photographer who had one of those cameras that spits the picture out right away (geez, what are they called?). 25 years later I still have my photograph of me with my stuffed lion.

No fees to enter (because that might dissuade some people) but a collections can for donations on the registration table. People who can often donated, and those who couldn't could still be a part of the event. The whole thing isn't who can bench their hound the best, but rather let all the kids show off their prized pet or possession.