It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:09 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

1PETER 4TH CHAPTER 6TH VERSE

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The meaning i get is if you are in sin and not saved you are dead and shall be judged according to living in the flesh.But if you are saved then you are living in the spirit of god.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:38 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is one those verses in the Bible that you will see MANY different interpretations.

That is one of those verses that if you went to a different church every Sunday for a month and the Preachers spoke on that verse, you would have 4 different meanings at the end of the month.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i dont know for sure to be honest, but i think the dead here means the people that have already died. being judged according to men in the flesh, i think that means everybody will be judged because we are all flesh. the part that says but live according to god in the spirit means i think is according to god, we will live spiritually. i think i can understand it better than i can explain it lol. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:23 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I have a footnote in one study Bible I like. "those who are dead. Ie., deceased Christians. The gospel was preached to those martyers now dead. They were judged in the flesh and condemned to martyrdom according to human standerds, but they are alive in the spirit after death. Another interpretation relates this preaching to that of 3:19." I didn't take time to check it out according to the "Strong's Concordance". That should add additional light.

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

What I understand about it is that Peter was writing to those who would most likely face persecution and martyrdom and he was trying to help them stand strong knowing that others had gone through it and were dead in the flesh but alive in Christ. Peter, who ducked out of being spotted at the trials of Jesus by denying him would go on to be crucified himself. We have some stories that say he was crucified upside down because he did not feel worthy to die the same way as Jesus did. Not sure how true that is but him being killed for following Jesus is for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

"but alive in Christ." Isn't this the real prosterity doctrine? Not that guy that is trying to get everyone to send him a thousand dollars.

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:10 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Yeah, that sure is right. If the prosperity gospel is true then all those multitudes of folks over the last 2000 plus years who were or are being jailed, beat and killed for holding tight to their Lord and Savior sure must not have understood what the gospel was really about. I know it makes me sick to listen to someone preach or teach that God's blessings and grace should lead to riches here and now then if you are not blessed that way you are not in God's will. Jesus is all we need no matter what is our situation. I was listening to a pastor today who reminded us that God loves us as much as He loves Jesus otherwise He would have never let Jesus die to pay the punishment for our sins. That was powerful to think about.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

To be alive in Christ we have to be dead in the flesh.The same as he died for us we have to die to the world. That's where the bible speeks of being born agian, same flesh newness of life. The true word of God needs very much to be preached to them that are dead in the flesh to keep them strong and spiritualy minded, to over come temptations of the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

v1 You are to have the same attitude as Christ, even if it come to suffering for Christ
v2 You life is now doing the will of Christ-not the will of self
v3 As was the case of most of us, we were deep in the bondage of sin
v4 when we ( and them ) got out of sin, often our friends couldn't understand.
V5 tells us that everybody is going to have to give account to God, even those who don't know God,or are worshipping "Other Gods"
v6 For this very reason we are preaching to the lost. Everyone will die, unless the rapture takes place, " It is appointed once for man to all die...than THE JUDGEMENT...
These all were preached to, then they died, just like everybody else does, BUT they had lived according to God and the Sirit.
v7 the end is near, stay clear minded AND pray. V8 And love each other!!
We will all die... it is the curse of Adam, it happens....But praise the LORD that is just the begginning for those who follow and trust in Jesus.