CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have a pretty good walker dog an im a big believer in walkers. but here lately i have been looking into getting a black an tan. does anyone hunt black dogs? and wat do yall think of them compared to walkers?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well, since we are in the christian forum, ill say, oh lord please help you with youre beleif in a walker, lol

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:26 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

first of all both hounds are good dogs,i think a walker is a faster dog and a b&t is a more layed back dog,i know my black dog will pick up a track closer then what my buddies walker will but, the walker uselly trees first,but she might run by 3or4 coons to get treed,i like a b&t because they hunt slower and dont run so far to start hunting..jmo now this is my own expirence and every dog is differnt,every body is got there own breed and style of hunting but i choose black-n-tan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:57 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Oh Lord, lead him not into walkers or black and tans neither let him stray into redbones, plotts, english or leopard curs. Forgive him if he has a dog that trespasses even as I have to forgive those of mine which tree possums. Give his dog the best brand of daily dog food, even though there's more opinions on that topic than fleas in all of the USA. For hounds are fun for awhile and only awhile until they do something stupid...then you want to kick them so help us not to get that mad. May he find long lasting peace and joy in hunting blueticks and lead him not into snake infested slick tree swamps. Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:43 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and a big amen :D

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

im not going to trow off on your walker but the 1st dog i got was a black and tan about a year old, all ready treeing by his self. i hunted him for three years. then he died i was very upset. thirty year old man cried for two day, missed work and ever thing. I have went through about seven dogs tring to find one like my Rowdy. i believe ive got one hes two years old and treeing by him self. they are no comparison

Tree talking kennels
Cell:1-828-208-3013
Home:1-828-682-2619

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

willseeyalater wrote:
Oh Lord, lead him not into walkers or black and tans neither let him stray into redbones, plotts, english or leopard curs. Forgive him if he has a dog that trespasses even as I have to forgive those of mine which tree possums. Give his dog the best brand of daily dog food, even though there's more opinions on that topic than fleas in all of the USA. For hounds are fun for awhile and only awhile until they do something stupid...then you want to kick them so help us not to get that mad. May he find long lasting peace and joy in hunting blueticks and lead him not into snake infested slick tree swamps. Amen.

that was good. REDBONE and black and tans are the way to go.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

glory halayluya! tnridgerunner knows wut hes talkin bout! :D

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:52 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

BHkennels wrote:
glory halayluya! tnridgerunner knows wut hes talkin bout! :D

thank you. glad to know I got a fan club. :lol:

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:23 pm 
IP:
i wouldnt hunt with any thing but a walker. maybe a redtick but i luv my walker dog. and any honest walker and redtick, but i luv ol tex. and would not evre OWN any thing but walker and redtick. but every body has there OPIONIONS. but i would deff never ownbluetick or red bone hahah jk yall ya hunt wat a want i just messin with ya bout redbone and bluetick. not bout ownin one but i have nuttin against them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I pick up my Bluetick puppy on April 10th. However, if I wasn't getting a Bluetick, I'd be looking at getting a Black and Tan. If I didn't already have a Lab and a Beagle, I'd be getting two coonhounds: 1 Black and 1 Blue. However, having 4 dogs is out of the question.

From the first time I saw a Bluetick I've been in love with the breed. I've only hunted a few times-each time with a Redbone and 3 Blueticks, and I gotta say that Redbone has it going on, and I love a Redbone's voice. However, they just don't do anything for me in the way that they look. Same with Walkers. It's sorta of like ugly women. They may be sweet, and nice, and all, but there's still gotta be a physical attraction before you really want to go out with them. Thanks be to the Lord; I married me a beautiful woman. I did never figure out what she sees in me. Anyhow, that's my 10 cents worth. (Danged inflation!!)

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

black and tans all the way they are typically earlier to start tree harder and cold nosed they will check them selves but walkers run farther run past coons that havent come out of the tree they are late to start and wont check themselves highly inaccurate and trashy black dogs are alot easier to train and hunt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Jesus hunts walkers dogs,just haveing fun you got good and bad in all of them.If you put the time in a pit bull he will tree a coon,just keep the hound in the woods :lol he will be fine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My buddies Chocolate Lab treed two coons in the last few weeks. The last one was Monday, and he tried shooting it out of the tree with a shotgun. He fell on his back, and the coon attacked him, putting a big hole in his boot. It was on his legs trying to run up his body to his face when the Lab grabbed it off him. I told him that's why we use a rifle.....LOL.... He was out pheastant hunting, thus the shotgun. He is now going to carry a .22 pistol with him.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I would have paid good money to see that. The hole in his boot, was it the coon biting him or did he try to shoot it off his leg? Then what would he have done if the lab had grabbed him as it was trying to get a hold on the coon? There's a ton of funnies in a story like that....unless you are the guy with the coon on you, then it is not funny at all. Why we can't get something like that on video I don't know. You could get a ton of mileage out of that.