CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: One Shot Ministries
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am a youth pastor. I have a ministry that God has just started without me even realizing that it was happening. I take kids without fathers in their lives hunting and fishing. I love to see kids get excited over their first deer or turkey. It gets them addicted to Gods great outdoors instead of drugs. Also it teaches them how to be men. I am new to this forum and have really enjoyed reading all the stories. I have some kids interested in coon hunting but don't have any adult dogs that are treeing. I raise catahoulas and use them in hog baying. I have some young pups that I'm starting to train on coons but need something treeing now. If anyone has an older dog or a young dog that is started good please let me know. The catch is that as aa youth pastor I don't have a lot of money to spend. Please help out if you can. Thanks and God bless. Merry Christmas to all.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: One Shot Ministries
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:57 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

where in tn are you at, I don't have any older dogs, but be willing to help out any way that I can.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Im in Sweetwater about half way between Knoxville and Chattanooga. I appreciate the offer. Its hard to believe but not many people want to take the time and effort to take someone elses kids hunting. There is a lot of kids around here wanting to hunt.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:19 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

What you are dong is an important ministry. To many bad men out there having kids with girlfriends or their wives and not teaching their boys and girls how to live and thrive. It leads to more of the same and a high rate of young people living without hope and being shipwrecked. This is my paraphrase of John 10:10 The thief comes to rob, kill and destroy but Jesus came that we may have life to the full. It is a good one for Christmas Day. Keep giving the young guys a safe christian guy in their life. Hunting or fishing or working on cars, about anything they are interested in that is healthy, keeping them in a task or learning a skill is an excellent way to have time to talk about the things that matter most. Many blessings to you Bud and I pray that their are lives transformed by the risen Christ because of you.