CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Animals in Heaven...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Don't know if this topic has been on here before?

Do you believe animals go to Heaven?
Do you believe they have souls?
Do you believe we may well be asked about our treatment of our fellow animals as well as humans?

I have been reading some christian books on animals and the possibility of them in heaven, I have always believed all 3 of the statements I made in the above paragraph.
So what and why do you believe about this?

I'm not the best at quoting scripture but doesn't the bible say God breathed the breath of life into ALL living creatures and that all creation shall bow, call his name and worship him on his return (why would they do that if they are not allowed into the heavenly realm?)?

Thought it would be an interesting topic...I know it is very easy for me to see the work of God and know he exists by looking at animals and the natural world, I know it might be worng to say but I can find God easier in the natural world than the 'human' one.
Just rambling some thoughts, would like to hear yours...

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Animals in Heaven...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was always told that anything that breathes or has breath has a soul. I wouldn't want to go to heaven unless I can be with my old animals who are already there. What fun would it be?

Post subject: Re: Animals in Heaven...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

There is not one place in the Bible that says they will be in heaven or that they have souls but here is what I see in the Bible. God made the world with all manner of animals and made mankind to live in it in a perfection. Now Adam and Eve quit obeying God and sin came into the world to people but the effects of it means that all living things will eventually die. Now if God wanted animals in a perfect world and Heaven will be perfect why wouldn't there be animals? Since they never fell into sin I don't think they have souls or were created in God's image or character. I somewhat believe they have a full sense of God and the supernatural while we lost that perception without God breaking in like to Moses in a burning bush or sending angels to certain folks for specific messages, which most often scared them deep. Anyhow, I can't hang all my theology on what happens to animals. I do know that on the blood of lambs sins were atoned for for centuries and on the blood of the one true Lamb of God my sins were blotted away in God's sight. Animals are a gift from God to us and what Father would deny His children a good gift?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I hope they are I have some good dogs in heaven and I can't wait to get there and hunt them with the loved one who got me started in hunting.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Great Post!! This is only my opinion, No i don't think there will be animals, pets, or hounds etc. in heaven. Why, because I will not notice one way or the other. When I get {not if} to Heaven, I'm going to be spending all my time Thanking and Worshiping my Lord and Savior for making it possible for me to br there!!!!!! I will try to answer the mans 3 questions. Gen. 1:26-30 {1}animals can't reason{no knowledge of right or wrong}Instinct-animals {choice man} no knowledge of Truth sin nature? Adamic nature? 1 Cor. 15:39- Different Flesh [2] Souls- depends on definition, Breath, Breath of Life [3] Treatment of animals [yes] Proverbs 12:10 1- Dominion over animals 2- responsibility 3- animal husbandry Treatment of Humans [Yes] Matt. Ch. 5 Luke Ch.6 [beatitudes] 3 verses of bible scripture will help you to answer these questions 1 Tim. 2:4, 2 Tim. 2:15 2 Tim. 3:16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:13 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I have thought a lot on this subject, and have also talk with my wife on this the other day. I do not know if animals will be in heaven or not. but I would like to think that they are a place for all of GOD creatures. I do believe that the bible does not tell us every thing and that is the way GOD wanted it. this should be a good post. thanks and GOD Bless.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

ive heard that dogs do not have a soul, i dont know. i look at it like this, when we get to heaven, it will be glorious!!!

GRNITECH GRCH HARDING'S ACE
pr' HARDING'S HARDWOOD KAT
pr' HARDING'S HIGH FIVE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:49 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i really dont know if our dogs will be in heaven, ive never read in the bible thats says they will be. does the bible say that the lion will lay down with the lamb? i know its in a song but i dont remember if its in the bible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

skeets wrote:
i really dont know if our dogs will be in heaven, ive never read in the bible thats says they will be. does the bible say that the lion will lay down with the lamb? i know its in a song but i dont remember if its in the bible.

Isaiah Ch. 11: 6-9 verse 6 The wolf also shall dwell with the Lamb...; verse 7 ... :and the Lion shall eat straw like the ox . as far as my studying goes this speaks to the future kingdom - Millennium, Eternity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Good verse there Barry out of Isaiah. I do know this to be absolutely true that when I get to heaven there won't be any part of it that fails to meet my hopes and expectations. I will be with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and all those who had their sins covered by the blood under the old and new covenants. Being in God's holy presence should be all and more than we need.

If there are critters like we have here on earth that's great but there will be all the heavenly beings that God made to serve His will and I bet they will be plenty interesting as well. I am just glad that all the heavenly beings that rebelled against God will be kept somewhere else. They will be smelling like brimstone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:27 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

thank you mr. barry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is a great thread and I appreciate everyones opinion!!! First things first, if you are not saved, it really won't matter whether animals are in Heaven or not. What this thread has caused, is me studying my bible [KJV 1611] to see if there is definite proof one way or the other. Please make sure we have first things first!! God Bless You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am 15 and have always wondered the same. My grandpa is a preacher and I asked him and he told me all my hounds would be there but since the lion and the lamb would lay down together same for coon and hound. And he said wed have no desire to hunt wed jst want to praise god and it'd be hard to Coon hunt because there is no night there. I don't like to think it like that because I have some good hounds there and would love to hunt them. Maybe god will leave me a nice dark piece of hardwoods down on the river bottom of life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:20 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

redbone man dont you worry none everything in heaven will be better then you can dream of, iam sure youve had some great dogs. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

redboneman15 wrote:
I am 15 and have always wondered the same. My grandpa is a preacher and I asked him and he told me all my hounds would be there but since the lion and the lamb would lay down together same for coon and hound. And he said wed have no desire to hunt wed jst want to praise god and it'd be hard to Coon hunt because there is no night there. I don't like to think it like that because I have some good hounds there and would love to hunt them. Maybe god will leave me a nice dark piece of hardwoods down on the river bottom of life.

Brought tears to my eyes when i read this, we may not be able to coon hunt in heaven, but i believe that there are animals in heaven and that we can have anything we want in our mansions that are built for us. i hope that when i die and go to heaven that all of my dogs from the past will be there waiting for me Bawling as we all worship God. imagine being able to sit there and spend all the time you want with your dog, not having to worry any more. I know i cant wait, even if i dont get to coon hunt in heaven i just wanna hear those beautiful bawl mouths one more time, I myself am 17 years old.

check us out on facebook.http://www.facebook.com/BriarPatchKennels

Profile  WWW