CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i belive when we die are asleep until Gods second coming what do yall think and here are some versus on why i think this? these shall get the ball roling

If we immediately go to heaven or hell when we die, why do we need a judgment? Hasn't the decision already been made by God at the moment we die as to whether we are righteous or unrighteous?

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
Ecclesiastes 9:5

Eccl. 9:5, 6, 10 The dead don't know anything.

Ps. 6:5 In death there is no remembrance of God

Cor. 15:51-54 We receive immortality when Jesus comes again.

Acts 2:34 David did not ascend to heaven at death, but awaits the coming of Jesus and the first resurrection

John 14:2,3 "I go to prepare a place for you. And I will come to get you and take you where I am." Why does He have to come and get them if they are already in heaven?

1 Thess 4:16-18 Why do the righteous dead have to rise at the resurrection if they're already in heaven?

Acts 17:31 The world will be judged on an "appointed day." You can't go to heaven until God makes a judgment on your case. Obviously it doesn't happen when each person dies.

Rev. 20:12 Why is there a FUTURE judgment if everyone is already in heaven or hell? They must have been "judged" already on an individual basis at the moment they died.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:20 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

anyoner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've heard both sides and and I don't really have a true answer.No one wants to think about dying and not know whats going on.I like to think that when you die you go to a place of rest and be there with the other christians knowing the day of the lord will soon. Maybe the people who are lost may not know anything till the day of judgement. Just simple way of hoping that is the way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:09 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

What will the time between dying and being present before God feel like to us? If we are in a state of sleep then how will that work as far as what we are or aren't aware of? Not really sure how that will matter to a dead person. What i am getting at is sometimes when I take a short Sunday nap I wake up and it feels like hours have gone by but I look at a clock and it is twenty minutes. Other times a full nights sleep clicks by like nothing and I feel like I just went to bed. So what will it matter to us who are dead? We are going to a place where time is not measured in earth orbit years, hours, minutes and seconds. My take on it is that once you die then next thing you are gong to be aware of is to be in God's presence. What happens from that point on is based on what you put your faith in. Everyone who trusted in being good won't have been good enough, only Jesus blood and righteousness will be the way to the Father. Reminds me of the hymn..... On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand...all other ground is sinking sand.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:45 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

willseeyalater wrote:
What will the time between dying and being present before God feel like to us? If we are in a state of sleep then how will that work as far as what we are or aren't aware of? Not really sure how that will matter to a dead person. What i am getting at is sometimes when I take a short Sunday nap I wake up and it feels like hours have gone by but I look at a clock and it is twenty minutes. Other times a full nights sleep clicks by like nothing and I feel like I just went to bed. So what will it matter to us who are dead? We are going to a place where time is not measured in earth orbit years, hours, minutes and seconds. My take on it is that once you die then next thing you are gong to be aware of is to be in God's presence. What happens from that point on is based on what you put your faith in. Everyone who trusted in being good won't have been good enough, only Jesus blood and righteousness will be the way to the Father. Reminds me of the hymn..... On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand...all other ground is sinking sand.

"AMEN" BROTHER "AMEN"

check us out on facebook.http://www.facebook.com/BriarPatchKennels

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've heard it explained that the judgement Christians face is judgement of their deeds during life, not a decision regarding their salvation. This would be when rewards (crowns) are given for things done in Christ and the other things are done away with (as passing through fire.) Nice to know that I (I believe) won't have to remember all that garbage. Sorry I can't remember the verses, it's late and I'm tired. I also can't get my bible or concordance because I might wake up my wife.
The issue of your salvation is decided here on earth during your life. The unsaved will face judgement, almost like a trial, except there won't be any lawyers or jurors. The truth of what God says about the way their lives were lived, and their refusal to accept what Christ did for us all, will be undeniable. No need for lawyers and jurors. Just God telling the truth and everyone knowing it's true. At that point, no one will be able to deny the justice or correctness of their eternal destiny.
That's my take on the judgement of believers issue. I'm too tired right now to think on the soul sleep thing. Maybe tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:52 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

luke 23:43 thats all i know. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:27 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The spirit doesn't die/"sleep". The body "sleeps" in the grave until changed and reunited with spirit. Christians are conscious after death and "present with the Lord" and aware of others.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:28 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Jesus told the slave that he would be with him today in paradise I think that the saved go to paradise and to unsaved go to Hades until Jesus comes back

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Paradise isn't heaven. It was part of hell, the part known as "Abraham's bosom". Christ didn't go to heaven when he died. That is why he said the one person not to touch Him because He had not yet risen to the Father.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:21 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

He is in heaven now at the right hand of the father and the bible says to be absent from the bible is to be present with the lord

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

GoatFarmer wrote:
i belive when we die are asleep until Gods second coming what do yall think and here are some versus on why i think this? these shall get the ball roling

If we immediately go to heaven or hell when we die, why do we need a judgment? Hasn't the decision already been made by God at the moment we die as to whether we are righteous or unrighteous?

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
Ecclesiastes 9:5

Eccl. 9:5, 6, 10 The dead don't know anything.

Ps. 6:5 In death there is no remembrance of God

Cor. 15:51-54 We receive immortality when Jesus comes again.

Acts 2:34 David did not ascend to heaven at death, but awaits the coming of Jesus and the first resurrection

John 14:2,3 "I go to prepare a place for you. And I will come to get you and take you where I am." Why does He have to come and get them if they are already in heaven?

1 Thess 4:16-18 Why do the righteous dead have to rise at the resurrection if they're already in heaven?

Acts 17:31 The world will be judged on an "appointed day." You can't go to heaven until God makes a judgment on your case. Obviously it doesn't happen when each person dies.

Rev. 20:12 Why is there a FUTURE judgment if everyone is already in heaven or hell? They must have been "judged" already on an individual basis at the moment they died.

There will be many judgements you are talkin about the great white thrown judgement and that will happen after the second coming