CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Evolution
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

All I'm saying is the bible was written by men who claim god guided them in recording the times. Those are the same men who are full of sin just like us!! The bible tells us we are all sinners just as Jesus deciples where sinners and the prophets that recorded the word where sinners. So we are following blindly a record of the times recorded by men who where sinners. Just as you ask for proof of evolution, why not ask for proof of what is said in the good book? The bible was originally recorded a couple thousand years ago. You can't tell me that in two thousand years of interpretation by different people some of the FACTS in the Bible may have been clouded or changed by different religious leaders and rulers to benefit themselves.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Evolution
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:40 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Canadian Hillbilly wrote:
You can't tell me that in two thousand years of interpretation by different people some of the FACTS in the Bible may have been clouded or changed by different religious leaders and rulers to benefit themselves.

I believe the Bible is God's inspired word and if you or anyone else have decided it is not then who can tell anyone it is? That's a big challenge and I would likely give both of us a headache. I do know if I believe my way and am wrong all I have lost is not going to matter at that point when I am dead and gone but if you die and are wrong then you have an eternity of regret and separation from God to wish you had gotten over the hurdle of the truth and reliability of the Bible. Anyhow, there is a gravel pit full of little pebble arguments that can keep people from having real peace with God. There is only one way to be at peace with God and freed from the penalty of sin and that is through the gift of salvation in the death and resurrection of Jesus, everything else hangs on that issue and not the other way around.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Lol I don't really disbelieve the bible. The poster was asking for some opinions and I figured it would be fun to try and start a healthy debate on an age old topic. Religion VS science lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I enjoy that debate and can happily argue both sides, because before I found god I was a firm believer in evolution. Now I beleive a combination of both. I also beleive that a lot of things in the bible can be explained with science. I think in part the bible is a recollection of the times explained the only way people's of the time could explain things.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

evolution has never been proven, the word of the liveing GOD has over and over again. things written in the bible thousands of years ago are todays headlines.
THANK YOU JESUS. for saveing a wretch like me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I know one thing for sure when the holy ghost pricks your heart and God convicts you and you get on your knees at an alter and you except Jesus Christ as your savior you know it!!!! You become a new person. And if you ignore God it WILL keep you from goin to heaven. God has done many things in my life and changed me in many ways. But I know one thing for sure I'm still a sinner and I always will be. But God has mercy on all of us and if we ask him for forgiveness he will give it to us. Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheth me.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm new to this site. If you want some arguments about evolution go to creation.com. The evolutionist select what they want and disregard other information and call it contaminated. The coelacanth was supposedly extinct 65 million years ago but it's still living today and unchanged. No change in over 65 million years doesn't quite fit when everything is suppose to be evolving and everything it would have been feeding on. Their is alot of great info on the site including rock dating of a volcano that erupted not to long ago and dated it 275,000 years to 3,000,000. The volcano was in a newspaper. Hope that helped your question. Josh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

There are tons of people that believe evolution but there is so many things that prove it wrong and so many things that prove what the Bible says is true. There is a Christian scientists I can't remember his name but he has several books out that proves evolution and the way they date the earth etc all wrong there is things that prove the Bible right and all that food stuff. Just read the Bible cause it's all the truth and that's all you need to know. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Oh ya I forgot... About the Bible being wrote by man that is true but God appointed them and they wrote what he said just like when God speaks to you. Over time through different languages some words are slightly different but they mean the same pretty much. If you want to read the Bible like it was hen Jesus walked the earth you will have to learn Hebrew and Aramaic I think are the two it was write in. If you learn a few words you realize it is a little different such as the word love there is like 4 types of love in one of those languages but the Bible only says love...you have to study and figure out what love he was talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Where there is a watch there is a watch maker.....Where there is an automobile there is a automobile maker....SO WHERE THERE IS A CREATION THERE MUST BE A CREATOR.....GOD.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Attended a seminar this weekend on this subject. A lot of it was asking questions evolutionists dont tolerate. Great info overall.

Check out apologeticspress.com they did the seminar.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

some people say the bible can not be true because the earth is over 6000 years old, for all who say that show me where it says that in the bible, it is not there it does say a day with the lord is as a thousand years. who knows a day with him could be a million years. the bible even talks about dinosaurs in the book of job. it is called a bemouth with a tail the size of a cedar of lebanon which is 80 to 100 ft long. job 15-20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:04 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

the bible also says that the world is round, but i cant remember the book or verse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

skeets wrote:
the bible also says that the world is round, but i cant remember the book or verse.

Isiah 40:22

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next