CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: the rapture
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE THE RAPTURE DOCTRINE CAME FROM,IT IS A WORD THAT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE. TO ME AND I KNOW I COULD BE WRONG, BUT USING THAT WORD IS GOING AGAINST REVELATION 22 - 18. IT BOTHERS ME WHEN I HEAR IT SPOKEN. IT IS USED QUITE OFTEN IN MY CHURCH, I DON,T SAY ANY THING, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DOIS CAUSE CONTROVERSY THANKS

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:01 pm 
IP:
the word "rapture" is derived from a word i believe in greek. i can't give you chapter and verse ( sorry about that, i think it was from the apostle paul). it talks about the church being "caught up" with Christ. the greek word for caught up is the root of rapture and that's how the word came about. sorry i can't be more specific but it's been awhile since i studied that and my memory isn't what it used to be. actually if i remember right, "rapture" and the root word sound very similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:37 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Rapture and raptor have the same root word 'rapt'. There's also the word rapt, as in, "We gave our rapt attention to the teacher during the class". In that use it means our attention was locked on, like a target aquired image. Like Jeff was saying "caught up". Think about it like an eagle swoops down and grabs a fish, the fish is caught just as quick as a blink and the eagle had its rapt attention on the fish. That's how I suppose it will be when Jesus returns to take up all who are waiting for Him just without the claws and literal eagle actions to follow.

Post subject: Re: the rapture
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:24 pm 
IP:
is the word BIBLE anywhere in God's word? NO, but it means group of books. are you adding to God's word by calling the Word of God a Bible? no and neither is calling being caught up together the Rapture (raptos) adding to God's Word. it means the same thing.

for further study or questions call

eddie harp
bread of life church
stigler, ok.
918-967-8888

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Brad; The word "Trinity" isn't found anywhere in the scripture. Not in the Greek, Hebrew, or the English translation. The earliest record of the use of the word in connection with God is about 190AD. I think that is more important than the term we use to mean "catching away, or cought up together", don't you agree?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

What does the word "Trinity" have to do with the question this man asked about the word "Rapture"?
Let's not turn this thread into some long drawn out debate concerning the "oneness" doctrine versus the "trinity" doctrine.

James D. Lacey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

IT CAME ABOUT WHEN SOME WOMAN THAT WAS VERY ILL HAD A DREAM SOME PREACHERS HEARD ABOUT IT AND PICKED OUT SOME PASSAGES IN THE BIBLE TOGO WITH WHAT SHE SAID. I'M NOT GOOD AT EXPLAINING OR TYPING. FIND THE SHEPARDS CHAPLE ON TV OR AT THIER WEB SITE ARNOLD MURRY EXPLAINS IT VERY WELL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:03 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

bluedog; There you go slick treeing again. The first post was a question about doctrine founded on a word not found in the scripture. Is that not true? There isn't going to be any long drawn out debate, unless you start one again, I repete, again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Mr. Snooky,
If I'm not mistaken, the original post was in reference to a particular word that is not found in the Bible. The man asked specifically about the use of the word "rapture". I simply stated that fact and you attack me and start accusing me of "slick treeing".
May I suggest that you seek some sort of professional help for your anger issues? I am praying for you and I would also like to suggest that you read, study and contemplate what Jesus Christ meant when he spoke these words found in the Gospel of Saint John, Chapter 13, Verse 34 (Amplified Bible)- I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.
In the future may I also suggest a few words of wisdom that I learned from my Grandmother many years ago..."if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

God's Blessings Upon You & Your Family This Christmas Season and in The New Year.

James D. Lacey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:18 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Mr. BlueDog; As with the first discussion that you and I had, (refer to the archives) concerning the Godhead: You will find the same party throwing the first punch, then accusing the other having issues. The same party is also coming back with personal views and pet scriptures to justify himself and to comdemn those who disagree with him, just as before. As I said before, you don't have a clue about what I believe. You are attacking anything that you don't understand, believing you have to be right and the others have to be wrong. You spend a lot of time barking up an empty tree.
If you are not looking to fight and argue, then quit jumping into these posts and taking pot shots at others with whom you disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:54 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Snooky,
I don't have to refer to the "archives" to recall our previous "discussions. I remember them very well. It's hard to forget when someone attacks you for stating an opinion. Every time that I have made a post that does not line up with your views, you fly into a name calling tirade and then attempt to shift the blame to me for starting a fight.
As far as "pet" scriptures go, I would be very careful in making such ludicrous statements. I don't know about you, but in my life I hold the Holy WORD of GOD in very high esteem and I suppose you could say that I consider every WORD of the BIBLE a "pet" scripture.
You stated that I "don't have a clue as to what you believe" and that is 100% true! You come on this forum spewing your opinions yet you refuse to really take a stand for anything. I asked you what you believe so that we might be able to have an adult conversation and you refused to answer. I stated what I believe in great detail and that post can be found in the archives.
I would like for you to show me where I made a "pot shot" at you or anyone on this thread. I simply stated that Brad had asked a very specific question and then you jumped on the forum and started in about the word "trinity". The word "trinity" was never mentioned in the original post. You just saw an opportunity to "share" your oneness view of the Godhead and you took it. Shame on you for trying to turn this around and make me look like the villain.
Let me close this post by saying that it saddens my heart that people like yourself are always going around looking for a fight. If you want to attack me that's just fine because then perhaps you'll be leaving someone else alone.
Once again you have singlehandedly destroyed another good thread on this forum....I hope you're proud of yourself Sir.

James D. Lacey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:20 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

May I suggest that you seek some sort of professional help for your anger issues?

BDM, Maybe you don't see the above as a "pot shot" since it is taken from your post.

You told me what you believed in a couple of short paragraphs. If I posted what I believe, you wouldn't take the time to read it.
Lets just say I believe every word that has proceded from the mouth of God. I believe in the Law, the Prophets, the Psalms, the words of Jesus, and the Apostles doctrine. Hear o"Israel the Lord our God is One Lord and Him only shall thou serve. The whole duty of man is to fear God and keep his commandments. To him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin. Take heed unto thyself and unto the doctrine, for in doing so, thou shalt both save thyself and them that hear thee.
The word "rapture" may not appear in the scripture, but this saying does appear. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the arch-angel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet The Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Mr. Snooky,
If I'm not mistaken, I did not suggest that you "seek professional help for your anger problem" until AFTER you made the snide remark about Me "slick treeing again", whatever that means.
I would like to say that I agree with you 100% regarding the "catching away" of the church. I am also certain that we could agree on MANY things when it comes to the Word of God. I am also sure that we would probably disagree on more than a few issues.
I feel in my heart that we got off to a bad start and I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am sorry for anything that I might have said or done to offend you in any way. It makes no sense whatsoever for the two of us to get on here and argue back and forth like children. I wish you the very best and I am praying that God will bless you, your family and your church abundantly.
Again, I am very sorry and I hope that in the future we can "agree to disagree" without disrespecting one another. We are Brothers in Christ and I love you with the love of God.

James D. Lacey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:54 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I understand this sight to be here to help one another in our Christian walk and to bring glory to the Lord. I also believe that true Christians should comunicate with each other with discernment, or in other words with the Holy Spirit guiding and inspiring that comunication. Were that the case here we would all know a lot more about the rapture and would not be witnessing a very ungodly form of communication.

my .02 Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Mel,
Thanks for responding. I agree with you 100% and I am ashamed of the way that I have behaved on this site. I have apologized to Mr. Snooky and I want to say that I am very sorry if I have caused any type of offense to anyone on this thread or any other thread.
Sometimes the "flesh" comes out and I'm just a human being so please forgive me for my un-Christlike behavior.

James D. Lacey