CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm a pastor, husband, and father and there is so many times I find myself at the end of the day just trying to turn my mind off, rest and spend quite time with my Heavenly Father. So I found this devotional app that I use daily. This was tonight's devotion and I just felt lead to share it.

Blessings
Neal Vick

June 4, 2015 – Don’t Miss Your Flight
By Seeds 4 The Soul, Jun 4, 2015

“Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden”– Corrie Ten Boom

When it comes to flying there is only one thing I enjoy. It certainly is not the flight. I always get an unnerving feeling every time the plane takes off and lands. It surely is not the overcrowded airports. It never ceases to amaze me how thousands of people can centrally meet and be dispersed to hundreds of locations around the world. And it absolutely is not the parking. There is nothing I like about paying astronomical fees and walking a mile away with three suitcases.

What I do enjoy about flying is checking the bags. After loading the suitcases from home, hauling them miles in a car, and then dragging them through parking lots, gates, and tunnels, there is a sense of liberation when you finally unload the weight at the counter. Once the bags are checked you are destined to take flight. You are ready to go higher and forward.

The same is true in our daily walk. We accumulate all types of weights and burdens. We walk around with anger, grief, bitterness, and sorrow; not realizing that we will never be able to go higher unless we unload. There is a sense of relief in knowing that Jesus is the load-bearer and the weight-sharer. We can check our bags at His counter. And if we fail to do so, there is a possibility that we will miss our flight.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!