It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: As in the Days of Noah
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Genesis 6: 5-6
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

It seems like today that mankind is behaving in the same way as the people were when Noah was alive. Even though it repented the Lord that He had made man, Noah found grace in God’s sight because of his belief in God. God counted Noah’s faith as righteousness. God devised a plan so that Noah and his family could escape destruction by building the ark. God instructed Noah to seal the ark with pitch so that the waves would not flood the ark.

Matthew 24: 37-44
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Just as God devised a plan for Noah, He also has a plan of salvation for all mankind today. He sent His only Son to die for our sins so that we can be saved from destruction. Jesus is our ark of salvation.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

God gave instruction on how to live our lives through His word – The Holy Bible. As Noah sealed the ark with pitch inside and out – so we need to seal our lives with the Holy Spirit. Once you give your heart to Jesus then the gift of the Holy Spirit gives us power and protection from the waves of life’s temptations and trials that would make us drown in the world of sin.

II Corinthians 1:21-22
Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Matthew 7: 24-27
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

If you would like for me to minister to your church, please message me. I ask for no monetary compensation – I only want to obey the Lord. God bless you,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!