CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Time to Awake
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:00 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

As a whole, it seems that the people of this nation are spiritually asleep. We do not focus on God and His will for our lives. It is easier just to go along with whatever is happening around us. We don’t have time to spend in prayer and reading His Word. It takes effort on our part to stay in tune with God. I spoke to a man the other day who said that he went to church whenever he thought about it, which was not very often.

The Bible tells us that the time of the Lord is nearer than we believed. He is coming sooner than the world believes. The day is at hand and we need to put on the armour of light so that people in darkness can see Jesus in our lives. We need to praise God that He sent His Son to die for us so that we can have eternal life and be ready when He returns for us.

Let’s not spend our time caught up only in making it easier for our lives in this world, but let us walk honestly, not in envying an easy way in this life having all the comforts of the flesh.

Romans: 13: 11 - 14
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.

If we awake and call upon God, He will hear and will save us.

Isaiah 59: 1 - 2
1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Psalms 18: 2-3
1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

We don't need gun control but we need God in control of our lives. Thank you for reading,

Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!