CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Divided
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:32 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Here lately when we turn on the news, we constantly hear how our nation is divided. I heard one man say that he did not care what the President did as long as he had his job and money. When people don’t care about the condition of our country then we are going downhill.

The only way to make America great again is to put God first in our lives.

In this political season we see a lot of polls about how people are voting. Almost all the polls indicate that people are almost equally split. Most races are 48% one way and 49% the other way. Our Congress seems at a standstill when it comes to doing things to help the nation. The Bible tells us that a house divided cannot stand.

Our nation as a whole is divided from God. God is no longer allowed in our schools, our values, our lives.

Matthew 12:25

And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.

Isaiah 55: 6 – 11
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

We need to unite and seek God’s way for our lives and our country. God knows everything and His way is our only way to salvation and prosperity. Let us repent from going our own way and turn back to God. Then He will unite our hearts and bless our nation.

II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Praying for our nation and for unity.

Thanks for reading,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!