CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: God Answers Prayer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:33 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We just went through Hurricane Michael. The storm nearly destroyed 6 panhandle counties from the Gulf of Mexico to the Georgia border. God was great to us during the storm. Our family all survived this terrible ordeal, all of our houses or properties were damaged but we were spared. We are so thankful this Thanksgiving holiday.

We had massive oak and pine trees in our yard. Most of them were blown up by the roots or snapped into. They were so big that I had no way to do anything with them. We could not get any vehicles out of the yard to the highway. I did not have the equipment needed to clear the drive nor the power line to the highway.

I kept praying to God to somehow send help. A man I met 20 years ago came from 50 miles away with his hydraulic boon truck and helped me cut the trees from the driveway and powerline. He was able to move the massive trunks into about a 50 foot tall pile in the yard. He was unable to help with the rest of the yard due to the wet conditions. He did about $5000 worth of work and did not charge me anything.

We later learned that the debris could be piled onto the roadside for eventual pickup. The yard was still littered with other trees and we had that massive mound in the front yard. I worked every day with my chainsaw and my pickup truck, doing what I could and I kept praying for help with the rest of the yard.

A man from Atlanta, Georgia who was working with a clean-up contractor saw me out by the highway one day and stopped. He said, "Looks like you need some help." I told him that yes I did. I told him I am a minister and we talked about God. He passed by the house everyday while he was working. One day he stopped and told me that he and his friend from Knoxville, TN were going to come by and help me on their own time.

They brought the right equipment and cleaned my whole front yard. God answered my prayer and sent the best to help me. They did $10,000 worth of work. They love the Lord also and would not take any payment for what they did. They did, however, accept some home-made biscuits.

I encourage you today to never stop praying and never give up. God knows our every need and in his perfect timing, He will answer your prayers. He knows when, where, who and how to work everything out for us. We praise God for sending these 3 men to us.

Matthew, Chapter 6

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Psalms, Chapter 50

14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Please keep praying for the many who have lost so much (some everything) to this storm. That they can keep their faith in God who will supply our every need.

My desire is still to reach people with the message of the Gospel. Christ died for us that we might be saved. Thanks for reading.

Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!