CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Prayer Changes Things
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:45 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Prayer is talking with God and it is so important and needed in our lives that God tells us in His word to always pray.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing

Jesus gives us an example to tell us to not give up but to always continue to pray. If we keep praying and asking, God will surely answer.

Luke 18:1
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily…

Several years ago I saw a news report of a small town in northern Tennessee where the people of the town all stopped what they were doing at 8:00 o’clock and prayed. Their prayers really changed the town. The crime rate dropped and the town grew and prospered. God also tells us that this is the case.

James 5:16
… The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

We all need to pray for our nation to come together as a whole. If we can agree together and pray for each other then God will hear and answer.

Matthew 18:19
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

America was once known as a nation that believed in God. We were his people. Through the years we have drifted away from His word. If we would repent and turn back to God, He would change things for our nation just as he did for that small town.

II Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

When Peter had been thrown into jail the church prayed earnestly without stopping for him. God delivered Peter and when he knocked at the gate and the young girl ran to tell everyone that Peter was free and at the gate they did not believe her. They were astonished when they saw him.

Acts 12: 5-16
Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison.
And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.
And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.
And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision.
When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.
And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.
And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.
And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda.
And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.
But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.

God works so greatly on our behalf that sometimes it is hard for us to believe how He cares about us and how He answers our prayers. But we need to believe when we pray.

If we all would pray earnestly together for our nation then God would surely move for us and the government could come together and end the shutdown. In our own personal lives God would also work for each of us in ways that would be astonishing.

Thanks for reading and God bless,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!