CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Living Water
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I heard a TV preacher say that He would send a bottle of “Miracle Water” if you would send your address. He said that if you drank this water, it could heal your body or give you a new job.

The only miracle water is the living water that Jesus gives. Just like the Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus told her that drinking the water from the well would not satisfy the thirst in her soul. He told her that whoever drinks of the water that He gives would never thirst again because it is a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 4: 5 - 14
5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 7:37 - 39
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

When we accept the living water from Jesus and believe on him then the same living waters flow out from us. We are blessed with eternal life and we are also blessed with the things that we need.

The scripture tells us that this living water flowing from us is the Spirit which everyone who believes on Jesus should receive. The Spirit of Christ is the source of all blessings, spiritual blessings, our healing as well as financial blessings.

My son lives for the Lord and had to leave his job. But Jesus provided a better job. He has gotten 3 promotions and a raise with each promotion since starting his new job about a year and a half ago.

A lot of people have rejected God (the fountain of living waters) and have put their trust in things that cannot provide nor hold any living water. God will always provide the water we need in our lives and will never forsake us.

Jeremiah 2:13
For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Isaiah 41:17-18
17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
18 I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

When Jesus gave his life he paid for everything that we will ever need.

Thanks for reading and God bless you,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!