CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Spiritual Growth
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:55 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

When spring time arrives all the plants are ready to put forth new growth. I was working with my roses this week and started by trimming off the old dead branches. It takes removing those dead branches and getting back to the living part to make room for new growth.

The Bible tells us to not hold on to the worldly things that bring death to our souls.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

We have to trim away those things that will hold us back from growing in Christ.

Next I pulled up the weeds from around the roots of the roses. Here again we need to get rid of those things that will choke our souls. If we have something that is hindering us in our walk with God, we need to remove it so we can be rooted in God.

Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Next I poured some Miracle Grow around the roses. We need the gift of the Holy Spirit poured into our hearts. He will teach us and guide us into the truth. He gives us power to stand and have victory in our lives. Just as the roses bushes have beautiful blooms, the Spirit helps us to bear good fruit.

Acts 2:38-39
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Galatians 5: 22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Jesus died for us all because He loves us. He wants us to be strong and fruitful.

Thanks for reading,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!