CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hi yall I woluld like yall to pray for me. I need to be saved and listen to god I'm new to hunting and love getting back to gods nature. I might be going threw a divorce got married young and had kids young but i would appr. yalls prayers everytime i get closer to god i back slide i know right from wrong and all but i just dont know sometimes please pray for me and mine. but dont waste to much time cus i know theres alot people with worse problems then me god bless all yall!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:27 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Sending a prayer your way.

Hang on, keep faith in God and yourself. God can NEVER receive too many prayers. Every single prayer is just as important as any other! He wants us to pray to him endlessly about ANYTHING (Dont' forget praise and thankfullness too).

If I may suggest -to help yourself get closer to God I suggest of course reading your Bible. Make the time. The Bible can be hard to understand and comprehend, but reading scripture whether you understand it or not is never time wasted. Scriptures you read that didn't make sense can sometimes "pop" in your mind all of a sudden out of the blue and make total sense and apply to a situation you may be struggling with. That may sound crazy, but I tell you from experience it's true.

I personally believe it's also important to go to church. Fellowship whether you feel like being around people at the moment or not is a key to enriching your faith with God. I learned from our Pastor that Church is also a time to worship and praise God, not just to see what "He can do for us". We always need to give glory to God. No matter how bad off we may feel we are, we are still blessed.

I (and my family) recently went through a very bad time. I was angry at God about it. I didn't feel I deserved this to happen. Slipped back on my faith. Even though I was angry at God he stuck with me and brought me back. He never gave up on me and he won't on you! He is AMAZING.

Take care and you will be having someone praying for you. Keep posting if you need to talk!

-Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:06 pm 
IP:
I agree, get in to the word, and worship at church with other Christians. They will also give you support. That's what all new Christians need, is someone to mentor to them and support them and help them Learn more about Christ and what he has done for us. He chose Death so that we may live. I have been saved and have accepted Christ for over ten yrs. I also Have my troubles and have back slid too. Then I remember that Paul said I die daily. which he ment that he starts new and fresh everyday with Christ and repents everyday. so keep the faith and remember Christ Loves You and He is there for you at all times. Take care and God Bless You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:52 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I will lift you up in prayer to. While I agree mostly with the previous posts I would strongly recomend a small Bible study group. The Bible can be tough to study, not that you can't get a lot out of it by yourself. A group of christians studying together can reveal much more of the Word together than most can as individuals. And as has been said, Church is for praise and worhip, and fellowship. It often is not the teaching tool that the small group Bible study is.
I would also discourage a possible divorce. I can tell you that divorce is not Gods desired plan for any of us. When God said love your wife as your self, he meant it. Marriage isn't easy, I will grant you that but friends tell me divorce isn't that easy either!! The old say about the difference between winners and losers is often the quitters. Hang in there and we will pray for you and your family!!

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:50 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

One important thing I wanted to share with you to is LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME! This is especially important for what you are going through.

I learned that the hard way. I was really depressed. Couldn't get out of it for nothing. I prayed endlessly for God to pull me out of it. But, still feeling depressed day after day I felt God wasn't hearing my prayers. Then slowly I started to learn that God was telling me to take one day at a time.

I was always worrying over what is going to happen tomorrow or the next day.... etc. Once I taught myself to focus on just today (it took some work too) then I slowly came out of my depression.

In the Bible God tells us to Live One Day at a Time. He says that because even though tomorrow or the near future may hold something we don't want to see come or happen -He has a way of taking care of the situation and making it okay one way or the other. Then worrying would be for nothing other than upsetting us and our lives!

-Lisa

Post subject: prayer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank yall I will pray for all yall also. I need to get back in church and in the bible again. As for divorce I know its not suppose to happen but if you just fight and all then your kids start being the same way and you both grow apart and cant get the love back no matter how hard you try what are you suppose to do. We got married and were best friends now we cant even talk and I grew up with fighting parents they did not split until I was 17. My kids are young and it still affects them so much now if it dont work and we keep trying it will just keep putting my kids threw some bad stuff, I know a divorce would affect them bad to but I dont want them to grow up with anger around them just want them to grow up knowing we love them and God loves them. But anyway thank you all I will pray for yall also. God Bless!!