yes 95%  95%  [ 21 ]
no 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: breaking of fox?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:13 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

my 10 month old plott pup is doing excellent with treeing his own coon....only one problem though, if he doesnt find a coon before a fox, he will run that until he jumps on a coon track :cry: ...he doesnt run any other junk though.....he is really smart and trainable....he is an ALL chop mouth dog, never double chop or bawl mouth, so I can't tell if he is on coon or fox, i can only tell because if its a fox it just runs in huge circles....I haven't hunted him in the cold whether, I've been waiting until spring, when all the kit coon are out...I have worked with Boone since he was 3 months old and found the water race coon on his own at nat'l redbone days in 2006...he started smelling a crack in the building and barking and started to dig, so we opened the door to the building and there sits a big ol' coon in the cage....the Lord blessed me with a fine natural coonhound as my first ever hound....his only fault is flat feet and fox, so if any suggestions with the fox running, I would absolutly appreciate the help!!! :wink:

NITECH CH PR Wilkinson's Thor
CH GRNITECH PR Jamie & Bill's Trashy Amos
GRCH GRNITECH PR Jamies' Little Trashey Daisey
GRNITECH PR Jamie's Trashey Dee

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: breaking of fox?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:43 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

if he is still running fox the best way to break him is to use a shock collor. or you could get creative. get some fox scent and put it on some mouse traps and put them out in the yard or something and walk him around them. when he sniffs them they'll snap his nose and discourage him from chasing that fox scent. I don't know if that actually works but a guy told me thats what he did to break a deer runner. or you could put a lot of fox scent on a towel or something and tie it an electric fence so that when he sniffs it he'll get shocked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:25 pm 
IP:
I belive in using a shock collar for anything.