CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had a whole brood come to my father in laws house a few weeks back, so I invited them in and asked them what their purpose was (playing ignorant). They were just in the neighborhood and said that they were inviting everyone to the kingdom hall to celebrate the death of Christ, at this point I asked them why they did such, and told them that I celebrate His resurrection, I told them that anybody can die, but only the One begotten Son of God could raise Himself back up.

In short, I invite them in and try to witness to them, for some reason they don't like that.

JR

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I used to have a witness come to my house and at first I was polite to the guy and told him I had my own church and wasn't interested. Of course he kept coming and I thought maybe the Lord has sent him to me for a reason. When he would start about some subject, I would ask him where in scripture that was located. Then I would politely counter it with scripture from my bible. He Quit coming around after awhile, but we never know what the Lord is up to. All we can do is plant seeds and let God do the work. I came to the lord when I was close to 30 and recalled seeds that were planted when I was a child. Plant those seeds and when we get to heaven we will find out how many bushels to the acre we got!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:17 pm 
IP:
i always look at them and say "you'll talk big for people who thought the world was goin to end in 1995 and had to re-write there religon" i say it with BIG smile..then they kind of get mad, then i say "if a snake was goin to bite you, wouldn't you won't to no? and stop messin with it?" and they leave. *the snake thing meaning, you no your religon is false, your goin to hell..why not change that..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:52 am 
IP:
the thing i always ask is if only one hundred and 44 thous.will get into heaven why are you trying to get me to join your church that will hurt your chances of making it they usualy leave after that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:56 am 
IP:
louie wrote:
the thing i always ask is if only one hundred and 44 thous.will get into heaven why are you trying to get me to join your church that will hurt your chances of making it they usualy leave after that

Good one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:03 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

They cant handle the truth. I had some mormons come by one time. nice young guys. I told them that the BIble frobid me to allow someone who believes in another Christ into my house. They seem bewildered by that statement. omne of the young men was black. I asked him if he knew that up until a few years ago they wouldnt even allow his race into the LDS church. He hung his head. The truth hurts.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 am 
IP:
THEY ARE EVERY WHERE!! WHEN I WAS IN THE MILITARY I WAS STATIONED IN GERMANY. I LIVED OUT ON THE ECONOMY ( NOT ON THE MILITARY BASE), 20 MILES FROM MY POST, AND ONE SATURDAY THEY CAME TO MY DOOR. WHEN THEY STARTED THEIR SPILL ABOUT WHO THEY WERE, I IMMEDIATELY LET THEM NO I WAS A CHRISTIAN AND THE WAY I BELEIVED. IT ENDED UP A VERY LOUD CONVERSATION. THEY WOULDN'T LET YOU GET A WORD IN. AS I WAS CLOSING THE DOOR AND SAYING GOOD DAY ONE OF THE MEN HAD THE NERVE TO STEP IN THE DOOR WAY TO KEEP ME FROM CLOSING THE DOOR. THE ONE THING THEY UNDERSTOOD WAS WHEN I PICKED UP THE PHONE AND CALLED THE POLICE. THESE PEOPLE ARE VERY PERSISTANT AND GO AS FAR AS THEY CAN TO GET TO YOU. AFTER I CALLED THE POLICE THEY STILL LEFT SOME LITERATURE ON MY STEPS. THEY GOT TO MY BROTHER WHEN HE WAS YOUNG AND HAD HIM QUESTIONING HISSELF. HE HAD BEEN RAISED IN CHURCH ALL HIS LIFE. HE WENT TO OUR PASTOR AND TALKED TO HIM ABOUT IT AND HE SHOWED HIM WHAT THE BIBLE SAID AND SET HIM STRAIGHT. THEY CAN REALLY GET TO PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT A READ UP, STUDIED UP CHRISTIAN. GOD BLESS, DARREN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Ask them this...

Since your "church" believes that only 144,000 people will make it into heaven why do you want more to join your church and knock down your odds of getting in??

It works.

Biblically we are told to not even allow these people into our homes or bid them "godspeed". They are cultists and follow a teaching that has been proven false so many times it is pathetic. Witness to them but keepyour distance.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

What I try to remember is that these people are being deceived by the devil himself. They are so devoted to their beliefs, just imagine if their eyes of understanding were opened. Rather than get angry with them, I try to pray for them cause God loves them just as much as He loves me or you.