All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: repentence = conversion
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The scriptures say in Luke 13:5
"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Until you realize that we have broken God's law and because of this stand separated from the Holy God, can one realize why they should repent of their sin. The Bible states in Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Every mother's child has broken the law of God.

Without the sacrifice Jesus paid on the cross we would've paid for our own sins which would equal spiritual death. Thank the Lord for His ultimate price He paid for us by dying on a cruel cross, wearing our sins. He deserves our entire life service. So I urge you to

Repent of your sin and turn to Jesus in faith and trust. Besides He knows what's best for us!

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

powerhound wrote:
The scriptures say in Luke 13:5
"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Until you realize that we have broken God's law and because of this stand separated from the Holy God, can one realize why they should repent of their sin. The Bible states in Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Every mother's child has broken the law of God.

Without the sacrifice Jesus paid on the cross we would've paid for our own sins which would equal spiritual death. Thank the Lord for His ultimate price He paid for us by dying on a cruel cross, wearing our sins. He deserves our entire life service. So I urge you to

Repent of your sin and turn to Jesus in faith and trust. Besides He knows what's best for us!

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:23 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Powerhound for the most part I am in full agrement with you. But what about those that are newly baptised and are new to their faith and are growing in the Lord. It seems to me they are saved though they most likely are not even aware of all their sins yet. John Newton who wrte "Amazing Grace" continued in the slave trade ten years after he was saved before the Lord made him aware of the sin he was committing. As for myself, the Lord is always bringing wrongs I have done or am doing to my attention that I may ask his forgiveness! I am far from a perfect work yet!! lol
This is a good topic you have started and I look forward to more posts!

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This post is mainly targeted to those who have questions concerning what the message of the gospel is. It is also a reflection for believers to appreciate what our Savior has done for us. Of course we who are saved still commit sins, but because we have repented and believed in Christ we are no longer held in bondage to sin. God gives us the strength and victory to overcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:57 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know I am thankful that the lamb was worthy. I still fall flat on my face from time to time and the lord doesn't never leave me. I know I am a sinner and boken but I have Christ as my savior and sleep good at night knowing this.

If it was a sin 2000 years ago it is a sin today!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:19 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I personally don't think we ever become totally aware of our sins.... I realize we become aware we are sinners... but I don't think we can totally comprehend how corupt, how depraved, how unholy our thoughts, desires, motives and very nature are. I've noticed in my life when I start feeling like one of those "got it all together" Christians and really take pride in what a good Christian I am, God will humble me. The longer I've been a Christian the lower view I have of my own nature. I really think the longer you're saved you should have a growing appreciation for God's grace, and that comes from a deeper understanding of our own sinfulness. Brothers, may we continually be broken and sickened by our sinful natures.... and in that be continually amazed by His Grace! May true repentance be a lifelong journey, not a one time event.

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:20 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Houndsound Well said and I agree fully!!

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is all real good spiritual food for thought. I am reminded of the Christian perfectionists who claim they rarely if ever sin. Personally I struggle daily with such things as pride, impatience, unthankfulness, being wasteful, having less than totally charitable thoughts, selfishness, earthly wants, ........ the list goes on and on. It is hard to imagine that these Christian perfectionists have totally mastered all of these areas. Sure as Christians we have no excuse for beating our wives or being on side of the road drunk but freedom from the most evil of sins and freedom from all of our sins are two different things.

PS- I can't wait to get home :-)