CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Preachers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:32 am 
IP:
I was wondering how anyone felt about these websites that give you a certificate to become a preacher? I have a friend who wants to get a certificate because they are free and he can use a title in front of his name. I looked into this some time ago and don't think I agree with them. he realy is a god fearing man and wants to use it to help minister to people but how real is it? I told him to realy consider what he is doing cause I don't want him to blasphemy himself t the Lord even if his intentions are good. I pray for him every day and hope he will make the right decision. I was just wondering how other people felt about it

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Big 'NO' here
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:39 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

The whole reason churches have a process for licensing and ordaining is so ministers have a system of someone to be accountable to. Anyone who want take a short cut, even if they have a good intention, becomes vulnerable to drifting off into danger either personally or doctrinally. With the spiritual warfare that pastors go through it is not good for them to go out alone and answer to themselves. Look at the book of Acts, Paul answered to the church in Jerusalem, Timothy was led and trained by Paul, Peter was trained by our Lord Jesus, the sons of Sceva appointed themselves and were bad news. Look at our modern leaders who God has blessed and they are held accountable to a church board of elders or deacon or an board of directors. Billy Graham never took his own private room in a hotel, always had at least two of his men share the room so no one could say he had done something against his wife. Others who were the top man in their church like Swaggert and Baker got above being held in check and it led to their own loss of ministry.